We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning FlightHub

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Warning FlightHub

(English version down below)

ATTENTION.

Je suis présentement hors de moi.

Ça concerne la compagnie FlightHub

J'ai acheté un billet en direction du Nicaragua pour 519$ il y 2 semaines. Suite à des modifications de mes plans, j'ai voulu modifier ma date de retour et la repousser à 9 jours plus loin. Les frais pour cela étaient de 300$. J'ai donc pris la décision d'annuler mon vol pour des frais de 150$ et d'acheter un autre vol avec les crédits voyages qu'ils devaient m'envoyer par courriel dans l'heure suivante (du même montant que mon achat initial 519$). J'ai appelé la compagnie 4 fois parce que je ne recevais pas mon crédit voyage. Ils me disaient chaque fois que je la recevrais dans l'heure qui suivait. 36h plus tard, j'ai rappelé la compagnie une cinquième fois, ils m'ont dit que je pouvais ENFIN utiliser mon crédit. Je comptais l'utiliser sur un vol de 604$ que je pouvais voir en ligne sur leur site. (Les prix avaient augmentés, mais je ne me plaignais pas, j'avais choisi de changer mon vol, c'était normal que je paie un peu plus cher.) C'est là que ça se gâche, ils m'avertissent à ce moment-là que je peux utiliser le crédit voyage uniquement sur des vols qui ne sont pas sur leur site et que le vol le moins cher que je peux acheter est au prix de 884$. (Je rappelle que j'ai appelé 4 fois avant ça et que personne ne m'a averti que je ne pouvais pas utiliser ce crédit sur les prix de leur site, même si chaque fois que je les appelais je leur disais que je souhaitais acheter mon vol en ligne au même prix que mon vol initial) J'ai négocié pendant 1h avec eux, parlé à un des patrons qui était sur place. Rien à faire. Je me retrouve donc à payer un vol 884$ plus les 150$ de frais d'annulation. (1034$) pour un vol que je payais au départ 519$. Si ils m'avaient avertis de la façon d'utiliser le crédit avant d'annuler mon vol, ma décision aurait, bien évidemment, été très différente.

Bref, ce n'est que de l'argent, ce n'est pas ça qui fait le bonheur et je sais que je vais passer un mois extraordinaire en voyage là-bas. Je veux simplement vous aviser et vous conseiller très fortement de ne pas faire affaire avec cette compagnie. Plus je lis les review sur eux et plus je me rends compte que c'est une compagnie extrêmement profiteuse et que pleins de gens se sont fait avoir.

WARNING.

I’m actually out of my mind.

I’ve had one of the worst experience with the company Flight Hub.

2 weeks ago, I bought a ticket to Nicaragua for $519, One week later my plans changed, I wanted to delay my return date and push it back 9 days. The fee was $300. So I made the decision to cancel my flight because the cancellation policy fee is 150$ and rebook the flights with the travel credits they were supposed to send me by email. ($519 initial price of the flights). I called the company 4 times because I didn’t receive my travel credit. They told me every single time that I would receive the credit within an hour or so. 36h later, I called the company again, they said I can FINALLY use my credit. I saw my new flights at 604$ (The prices went up, but I was not complaining, I can understand the fact that prices can change.) This is where it gets messed up, they warned me that I can only use the credit on flights that are not on their website and therefore the cheapest flights are now $884. (I remember that I called four times before and nobody told me that I can not use this credit on website prices, and remember this is my fifth call, every time I called them I told them that I wanted to buy an online flight at the same price as the first one) I explained my case for over an hour, talked to one of the manager and yet nothing to do. So in the end, I had to pay $884 plus the $150 cancellation fee for a grand total of $1034 for flights that I originally paid $519. If they had warned me on how to use the credit before canceling my flight, my decision would have been very different. But the fact is I bought my original flights online and then cancelled but can’t use my credit on new online flights… The logic behind that is messed up.

In short, Money is money, it’s not the one and only key to happiness and I’m still super excited about my trip coming up. But this is just out of this world bad customer service and I very strongly advice you not to use this site ever again. After passing a few hours reading reviews everywhere I could find them, I realized that I’m not the only one that had crazy amount of troubles with this company and this need to change.

Edited: 23 February 2018, 06:49
9 replies to this topic
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
256 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning FlightHub

Have you not read other postings here about Flight Hub? https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10…

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning FlightHub

>>>After passing a few hours reading reviews everywhere I could find them, I realized that I’m not the only one that had crazy amount of troubles with this company and this need to change.<<<<. I don’t understand why people spend hours reading the reviews only AFTER they have problems. Why not choose to research and read reviews BEFORE going ahead and booking with a company. These companies could be avoided by a small amount of prior research.

Yes, things need to change -people need to be proactive and look after their money and check on companies they are tempted to book with. If everybody did that then they would have less troubles, not lose money and not have the need to find these forums and do new complaints (adding to the already thousands of existing complaints).

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning FlightHub

Avanti_SG I am very sorry not to be as perfect as your perfect person. It is perfectly understandable that you make no mistake because you are perfectly perfect. I wish you a perfect day. Perfect? :D

Edited: 23 February 2018, 08:35
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Warning FlightHub

waltervolmer44 Yes I saw it, thank you! I wish I had seen it before!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
19,977 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warning FlightHub

There is not a big difference between being sensible and being perfect, and it appears you were not the former.

southern england
Level Contributor
468 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warning FlightHub

The problem here is you deciding to change dates on a flight that more than likely was a non-changeable ticket (the cheapest ticket) so even if you had purchased directly from the airline you may well have had to buy a new ticket . Most problems with these 3rd party OTA's comes from date changes or misspelt names .

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
290 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warning FlightHub

Yawn.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Warning FlightHub

No, I am not perfect, far from it. What I am is cautious and proactive as before a trip I do a little research to check on a company (by Googling their name or searching across all Tripadvisor forums) before I make a final decision to book with them. Usually within a few minutes I have enough information to know they are unreliable and constantly complained about. I do not want to risk my money and waste time and energy or have my holidays ruined. So I guess I am boring and sensible and prefer the certainty of booking directly on an airlines own website.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,027 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Warning FlightHub

Marie, I doubt anyone here is perfect. I'm certainly not. But I do like to protect myself and my money. FOr me that means checking out whoever I;m going to give my money to before I do so, and one of the best ways to do that is to look for complaints on both this site and other websites.

I also like to look into where a compoany is based, how long they have been operating, who owns them, and I always read the T&C's that I'd be agreeing to.

I've plenty of mistakes in my life, but I can count the number of times I've had an experience like yours on no hands. That's because I take what I see as common sense steps to look after my hard earned cash.

There will alwasy be rubbish companies out there who will try and deceive you. That's never going to change. So. I think that, as has been said, you need to change your approach instead.

Reply to: Warning FlightHub
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted