We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multi-city tickets

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Multi-city tickets

Hi, this is the first time I’m using this feature on Tripadvisor and I hope I’m not doing something wrong.

I need to flight from Tokyo to Buenos Aires and then to Auckland and I’m planning on buying a multi city airplane ticket. I’ll stay in Bs.As for a month if that’s relevant. My question is; when I buy a multi city ticket, do I get 2 separate vouchers (Tokyo - Buenos Aires / Buenos Aires - Auckland) as if it were 2 different flights or do I get just one ticket stating Tokyo - Buenos Aires - Auckland.

Thanks

11 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
9,676 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multi-city tickets

One eTicket if booked on the same booking. Not sure what you mean by vouchers? You'll have seperate boarding passes obviously

UK
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multi-city tickets

Sometimes it is cheaper to do one way flights as separate tickets and sometimes it is not. In the example I have just searched on Google Flights buying it together is cheaper but only if you can up and book very specific flight numbers - alternatively get a good real travel agent to book this for you: https://goo.gl/dHcbA1 (change the dates to whatever fits your plans)

This is what I mean by specific flight numbers, you call the airline give them your dates and then say you want to book these flight numbers:

Call LATAM to book: +44 800 026 0728

JL 62, LA 2477, LA 7901, LA 7810, LA 801 £1,254

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,801 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Multi-city tickets

You won't get any "vouchers". You will receive one itinerary with one confirmation number.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multi-city tickets

Yeah sorry for using the word “voucher” I didn’t know how to refer to the eTicket. Ok, so I’ll just get one. To make it clear as water; I’m getting deported from Japan (I overstayed my visa by mistake) and they asked me to present my airplane ticket to go to my home country (Argentina) but the thing is I won’t stay in Arg, I’ll go to New Zealand after a month. When searching for tickets I found that it’s cheaper to get a multi city ticket instead of 2 separate ones. But if I show them my ticket with final destination New Zealand, they might complain. Although if I show them just “half” of my trip, they won’t say anything. That’s why I wanted to know if I’ll get like 2 eTickets or just one.

I'll check that Steve. Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Multi-city tickets

OK, do you have a visa for New Zeeland or are you planning to use the visa waiver program? The problems I see are: 1) you cannot enter New Zeeland on the visa waiver program if you have been deported from another country and 2) you will need a return ticket to Argentina.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Multi-city tickets

That's exactly what they said. I've applied for the working holiday visa and now I am waiting for their decision. Anyway, even if I get the visa, the Japanese immigration officer won't grant me the deportation order if I don't get a ticket to Argentina or Italy (I have 2 passports). I believe that if you have enough funds to return to your country the ticket back to Arg won't be necessary. Back to my question; If I present a multi-city ticket to the Japanese immigration office, do you think I won't get the deportation order because this will count as just ONE ticket with final destination Auckland and not Buenos Aires ?

UK
Level Contributor
1,785 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Multi-city tickets

"Back to my question; If I present a multi-city ticket to the Japanese immigration office, do you think I won't get the deportation order because this will count as just ONE ticket with final destination Auckland and not Buenos Aires ?"

Honestly only the Japanese authorities could answer this. If you buy a single ticket it will have both destinations listed on it. Also if you don't have a confirmed visa for New Zealand then there is little point buying a ticket to go there.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/…

Under section 15, the following people are not eligible for a visa or entry permission to enter or be in New Zealand:

vi. has, at any time, been removed, excluded, or deported from another country.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Multi-city tickets

I am aware of all that too. I very appreciate your help anyway. I'll definitly check Google flights when I have to.

Thanks Steve.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
23,606 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Multi-city tickets

If I'm understanding all this correctly .....

If you have already made the 'mistake' of overstaying your visa for Japan, and you are now trying to enter New Zealand, when you already know that a reason for denial of a visa fir there is deportation from another country, I think you are digging yourself a VERY BIG HOLE.

However, that's just an opinion, my opinion. What you choose to do is up to you. At best, if the ticket is unacceptable to the Japanese authorities, it will simply cost money. At worst, when you find yourself denied boarding to NZ or sent back on arrival, you will have a bigger issue.

Up to you.

SWT

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
65,715 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Multi-city tickets

I'm afraid I share SWT's opinion. I can see a couple of ways where all of this could turn out badly. I would not buy a ticket to New Zealand until things are clearer.

Reply to: Multi-city tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted