Does anyone else have problems trying to benefit from their One World Status on other carriers besides their main airline? I'm AA-Platinum and have been for ~10 years. I mainly fly to LatAm/Europe (almost never Asia). While everything through AA goes relatively smoothly, I find it to be incredibly to difficult to benefit from OneWorld advantages on other airlines (particularly Iberia).
- I'm unable to reserve seats when I book tickets (usually cannot reserve until the airport) and I can't tell you how long I've spent on the phone with Iberia just trying to pre-reserve my seats.
- I don't think I get access to preferential seats (although maybe this is only a benefit on AA for me since it's my "home" airline)
- I'm lucky if my OW/Sapphire status appears on my boarding pass, so there go the early boarding privileges.
- I would say that half the time, my miles are not credited to my AA account. I then need to follow-up a few times just to get miles credited.
This is all a massive waste of time and I have yet to find any type of OneWorld customer service contact to complain to (or maybe fix this). Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I typically book through a work travel agency and I use my AA number on all of the reservations.
- Maybe I need to dig up my Iberia or BA numbers and use those, but I'm afraid they will almost certainly not link to Sapphire status.
- Maybe I need to somehow log on to other airlines and link my AA number?
I understand the benefit of OW and conceptually it's great. They have one sucker as I certainly book OW flights even when Star's are cheaper. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to make OW actually work or if you have similar experience, I would really appreciate it if you could share...thanks!