We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
43 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

Scenario; Chicago to Berlin; ORD-LHR 4 hour layover, then LHR-TXL---and then the reverse one week later.

At LHR, all this happens within T5. Flying first-class/business class on BA for all 4 flights.

I do NOT need or want to exit the security bubble at LHR, and then have to re-enter the security bubble, just to use an arrivals lounge...it would be a huge pain in the aass!

Do you think I can use, maybe, the BA Galleries lounges (which is still inside the security bubble) to just use it to sit in a comfortable chair for a few hours (as an arrival passenger)?---Even though

I'm at LHR just to change planes to get to my final destination?

11 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

If you are flying First on BA in LHR you can access the Concorde lounge that is very much nicer that the Galleries First that is in reality just a frequent flyer facility.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
43 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

I do know about the Concord Lounge...Does the Concord Lounge accept arriving passengers, or just departing passengers?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

"Does the Concord Lounge accept arriving passengers, or just departing passengers?"

Since you're both it doesn't matter. If your longhaul flights are in First you will be able to access the Concorde room both ways.

Edited: 19 February 2018, 22:37
London, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

Yes you can use the departure lounges at T5 during transit. The arrival lounge actually is for passengers with London as final destination so it has to pass immigration. But in any case you will have to pass security check again.

UK
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

Yes head for the Concorde Room which will be the best place for you to relax and get something to eat/drink.

You can access it by turning right after you exit the security checkpoint where you will see a BA staff member at a podium. Just show you inbound first class boarding pass to get in.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
43 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

Sounds like, too bad for me.... I don't want to have to go through passport control and another security checkpoint (the worst parts of traveling) just to use an arrival lounge. I'll just find a quiet corner to rest in the terminal for a few hours. But thank you all for your info!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,991 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

I don't think you've understood the answers you've been given.

As a connecting passenger you follow the purple-and-white Flight Connections signs rather than the yellow-and-black ones pointing to UK Border and Exit. At Flight Connections they check your boarding pass and you go through UK security - you cannot fly from a UK airport without going through UK security, even connecting.

But once you've done so you have access as a passenger arriving or departing in First to the full range of BA lounges airside - that's the Concorde Room, Galleries First and no less than three Galleries Club lounges. Keep the First boarding pass from the transatlantic flight to prove you're entitled to use the Concorde Room or Galleries First.

The only thing you don't have easy access to is the Arrivals lounge, because that is landside, and to reach it you would need to go through UK Immigration. There is absolutely nothing that is provided in the Arrivals lounge that isn't available in the airside ones that are much easier for you to get to.

There's no need to look for a quiet corner in the terminal, you've already paid for the use of up to 5 LHR T5 lounges in the ticket price,

UK
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

You don’t need to go through passport control to get to any of the lounges mentioned in this thread other than the arrivals lounge. You will go through security in any case.

Once you are through security turn right and head to the BA staffer at the podium at the very end. Show them your First boarding pass for your incoming flight. That will get you into the Concorde Room.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

"I don't want to have to go through passport control and another security checkpoint (the worst parts of traveling) just to use an arrival lounge."

Why do you need to use an arrival lounge? There are multiple airside lounges you can use, as previously adviced.

London
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....

If you are attracted to the Arrivals Lounge by the thought of a shower then do not worry, these are available in the Concorde Room

Reply to: BA Heathrow T5 Lounge(s) questions....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted