We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Lauderdale Connection Time

6 posts
Save Topic
Fort Lauderdale Connection Time

I'm flying JetBlue connecting in Fort Lauderdale on the way to Lima, Peru. I got a call from JetBlue telling me that my original flight time changed, giving me only 32 minutes connection time. They said they don't normally book flights with less than 35 minutes connection but they gave me the option to keep the flight or get a refund.

Is 32 minutes enough time to connect at Fort Lauderdale? Both flights are JetBlue so presumably it's all in terminal 3.

3 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,441 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Lauderdale Connection Time

<<32 minutes enough time to connect at Fort Lauderdale?>> Your chances to make this connection are very low in my view. You are setting yourself up for stress / additional costs, if you accept this connection.

You do actually not have 32 minutes, because the gate will close X minutes before the flight leaves. And to be fair, arriving 15 minutes late is not really a delay. But in your case you would need to gamble to arrive early.

And you need some time to get out of the arriving aircraft. And your luggage needs to be transferred as well.

And if you miss this flight, there are likely not too many option to get to Lima.

Advice: get an earlier flight or book with another airline and/or a different route / schedule.

I would want at least 2 hours between these two flights.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
57,652 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Lauderdale Connection Time

Agree with Phil. This is really risky

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Lauderdale Connection Time

I definitely wouldn't do this...at all. Especially connecting on to an international flight.

The only issue might be, if you've already accepted the change, JetBlue might not be too keen to change it again. But, if it comes in under their Minimum Connection Time for FLL, you should cite that.

Reply to: Fort Lauderdale Connection Time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted