We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

My son made a booking with Travelgenio to fly from Shanghai to Siem Reap, via Pnomh Penh, return. The airline has made alterations to this flight, and Travelgenio contacted my son to confirm the changes were acceptable to him, asking him to contact them as soon as possible so they could confirm his flights.

Firstly he had difficulty getting through to customer service at Travelgenio, and was cut off a few times, but finally got a reply via email. They confirmed with him which flights would be acceptable to him, and said they need confirmation from the airline. This has now taken 14 days and still no confirmation of his flights from Travelgenio. He has contacted them several times and they say they are waiting to hear back from the airline. Surely it can't take this long?

He has contacted the airline directly, but they say they cannot help as the booking was made through Travelgenio. My son is very concerned that he may not receive confirmation of his flight details in time for his holiday, which is only two weeks away.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

25 replies to this topic
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
19,327 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

You might want to have a read of some of the hundreds of posts on here from people who have had problems with Travelgenio? Good luck to your son.

South of England
Level Contributor
3,219 posts
185 reviews
2. Re: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

If he has the airlines PNR can he not check on the airline website to see if the flight change has been confirmed and what the new timings are?

Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

Thanks. I'll ask him to try that.

Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

I've read them ! That's why we're concerned. Definitely won't use them again.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
5. Re: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

Hi Julie. Sometimes airlines change their flight plans and our agents inform passengers about the possible alternatives. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com and we will inform you about the latest flight schedule and the alternatives they gave us in case they don't suit your plans. Regards

Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

He has sent Travelgenio numerous emails. All replies say they are waiting to hear back from the airline. we are beginning to suspect that these flights will not materialise and they will be left without flights for their holiday.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
7. Re: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

Hi Julie, without identifying your booking we cannot check the airline alternative for the changes and if they have provided any further information or solutions. Please send us a mail to our customer service address or send us a private message with the booking info. Regards

Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

Thank you, but the alternative flights offered by the airline have already been discussed with my son, and the acceptable flights agreed upon with Travelgenio. This was 14 days ago. And we are still awaiting confirmation of these flights. This is what the problem is all about.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
9. Re: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

Julie, please send us the details of your booking in order to check it. Without identifying it, we cannot assist you. REgards

southern england
Level Contributor
536 posts
87 reviews
10. Re: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets

The reason not to use an OTA 'in a nutshell'

Reply to: Delay in Travelgenio confirming flight tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted