We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong email on flight booking

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wrong email on flight booking

I booked a flight with Netflights and after waiting a while for the confirmation I realised I had omitted a digit from my email address. I called them within 10mins of my booking and they sent me my confirmation. A couple of hours later my eticket cane through. The only problem is, the email address I first typed appears to be a live one (no bounce back for company or me). Which means someone now has my full name and address and DoB, dates of travel and access to my passport details...when I have to put them in. I'm not sure if anything can be done, now the damage is done. I am sick with worry now, because even if my eticket came after the correction, 'they' can still log on with my booking number and print everything off. Anyone know if I can request a 'possible fraud' notice put on my trip. Either way, it's easy to get your email corrected as I have seen often, but no one seems to think who might have all your information.

4 replies to this topic
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
256 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrong email on flight booking

There is no such thing as a 'possible fraud' notice put on my trip. As far as what to do, whatever it is, it is not under the purvey of a Air Travel forum. Maybe use Google to fine a computer security forum? Good Luck.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrong email on flight booking

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure where to place this but figured since it was a flight booking...

I was thinking if someone else had (stupidly) mistyped their email, it would be possible for a recipient to make use of that information, so trying to minimise the damage. All I can hope for now is the person is honest and deletes it all :( Lesson learned!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrong email on flight booking

If you know exactly the mistake you made you could email the person in question and request and confirm they deleted it.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrong email on flight booking

I did send an email, but no response. I'll just have to hope they're not unscrupulous people. :(

Reply to: Wrong email on flight booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted