We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Misspelled first name on ticket (Expedia)

1 post
Save Topic
Misspelled first name on ticket (Expedia)

I booked a ticket for me and a friend for Tokyo with Expedia. Flying with British Airways operated by Finnair. I only booked the tickets a couple of days ago but I found out that I spelt my friends name wrong. 4 letters are the wrong way round. I put -vish where it should have been -shiv. I have phoned Expedia who weren't great at all and told me I would need to cancel the ticket and re-book. I will not get any money back apart from taxes what is £120. The ticket cost £800 so I'm at a big loss. I phoned BA who have advised they cannot process it as it was booked through Expedia. Finnair have also said the same thing. Is there anyone who has had the same experience? I need some guidance on if there is anything else I can do. I have feel physically sick and extremely stress!

1 reply
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,145 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Misspelled first name on ticket (Expedia)

There is nothing else you can do, both airlines are correct that you need to go through Expedia. Ticket and passport must match.

This is a very hard lesson to learn.

Reply to: Misspelled first name on ticket (Expedia)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted