We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight delay - no response from British Airways

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Flight delay - no response from British Airways

Hello - I have recently returned from Cyprus after a 23 hour flight delay. I have sent my compensation/complaint to BA with all supporting documentation and have been given two case reference numbers as there were two bookings. Has anyone got any ideas of how I can get BA to sort this as they are not responding to any e-mails and I cannot get through the Customer Service Helpdesk on the phone. This has been going on since 30th November 2017.

A good Legal Company who has expertise in these matters may be helpful!

Thanks

Phill W

5 replies to this topic
Madrid
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Flight delay - no response from British Airways

If you are claiming EU261 compensation from BA this is not handled by customer services so they cannot help you.You must use the special EU261 page on BA's website.

My last claim 4 weeks ago was 7 days from claim to money in my bank.If you cannot get a response send a 16 day warning letter threatening mcol.

Or you could use Bott and co,but they will take a slice of your money.

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Flight delay - no response from British Airways

Thanks for info - what is MCOL? Also I had an initial response confirming that I was eligible for compensation and that was all?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Flight delay - no response from British Airways

It's barely been two weeks. Leave another month or so. These kinds of claims take time process.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,474 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: Flight delay - no response from British Airways

2 weeks is far too early to expect an delay claim to be sorted. 2 month's would be more appropriate.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,111 posts
78 reviews
5. Re: Flight delay - no response from British Airways

it is unlikely you will get your compo in time for christmas ! but as it has been acknowledged , it will come. they will obviously be dealing with a host of claims due to weather etc etc so you just need a little patience

Reply to: Flight delay - no response from British Airways
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted