We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extortion by Air Asia-Indonesia from Premium Flex fare

Save Topic
Extortion by Air Asia-Indonesia from Premium Flex fare

I booked premium flex ticket (ref: MS1VGE) on-line between sectors KUL-CCU 14 NOV and 4 DEC. Later I have changed the return date from 4 DEC to 11 DEC online. The booking was confirmed by the system and taken print out (refer attachment). Accordingly I reported to check in counter of CCU on 10 DEC. But I was told by the staffs, my date change was not saved in the system which remained as 4 DEC. They asked me to contact call centre which was not reachable after several attempts. Then they suggest me to pay more to change the date there itself and made me to pay INR 2438 /- extra to allow me travel in the flight.

My question to you, why passengers have to pay extra money when you advertise premium flex ticket can be changed without charge? If it is your system fault to give print of date change without actually saving the change, why we have to bear the burnt?

7 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,926 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extortion by Air Asia-Indonesia from Premium Flex fare

You are not communicating with Air Asia.

This is the Air Travel forum of Trip Advisor - no-one here can assist you with your problem / rant.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,431 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extortion by Air Asia-Indonesia from Premium Flex fare

You should never post your booking reference or similar personal details in a public forum.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extortion by Air Asia-Indonesia from Premium Flex fare

Well now how would be assist without that useful tidbit of information... oh right we're not AirAsia employees. Another thread for the trash heap.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extortion by Air Asia-Indonesia from Premium Flex fare

"Extortion by ....."

========

Well that's right up there with "scam". 99.9% of the time that word's used it's clear it's no such thing.

At face value this looks like a mistake by QZ. We've seen it from many other airlines. That's when a change is made the airline fails to **reissue the ticket**. Not reissuing causes a disconnect with the reservation system which still expects the passenger to fly the original flights and cancels out when they "no show".

So it's a mistake by QZ. Not extortion.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,896 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extortion by Air Asia-Indonesia from Premium Flex fare

I conclude and I am not surprised that you have a problem because it is your own fault.

Do you even realize that AirAsia does not have a website that starts with tripadvisor.com and you can't distinguish an AirAsia website so don't refer to is as if you are talking to an AirAsia staff.

Edited: 14 December 2017, 05:41
Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
12,303 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extortion by Air Asia-Indonesia from Premium Flex fare

Air Asia ask you to check in and choose your seats and print your boarding passes 14 days before you are due to fly. Had you done that you would have spotted the mistake and could have done something about it.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extortion by Air Asia-Indonesia from Premium Flex fare

<<The booking was confirmed by the system and taken print out (refer attachment)>>

Could you please repost here with the attachment? We didn't receive it with your original post. Thank you.

Reply to: Extortion by Air Asia-Indonesia from Premium Flex fare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted