We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NO title on airline booking

Save Topic
NO title on airline booking

Hello,

I have booked tickets with Singapore airlines (International flights) and when I go to 'Manage booking' there is no title and it cannot be edited. I spoke to the airline and they said titles are not mandatory. Has anyone ever had this happen before on their booking? I've traveled a lot but always had my title on my ticket and worried there might be an issue at check in/traveling? Just wanting to hear others experiences with traveling internationally with NO title on their booking at all and even with Singapore Airlines?

Thanks for your help in advance!

11 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,700 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NO title on airline booking

Is your title written as part of your name in your passport, either in one of the name fields or as a separate field? No? Then no problem. Yes? Then big problem. Need to purchase new ticket or new passport.

Edited: 13 December 2017, 02:49
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,367 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NO title on airline booking

Seriously, titles are irrelevant, whether it's Mr, Mrs or Grand Poobah. Perhaps this is a move towards not offending anyone by forcing them to conform to a title they aren't comfortable with. I would not give it a second thought.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,821 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NO title on airline booking

You were given the right info by the airline. That's the only thing that should matter.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,227 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NO title on airline booking

"Has anyone ever had this happen before on their booking?"

========

100% of the time, I never have my "title" (presumably salutation) on my tickets.

My salutation is a boring old "Mr" so I don't give a flying fig. I'd be interested in which title you're so desperate to see on your ticket (Professor, HRH, Rt. Hon, Field Marshall, "Eternal Leader and General Secretary of the Democratic Workers' Party")?

That last one would mean your first name wouldn't fit on the ticket.

Edited: 13 December 2017, 05:47
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NO title on airline booking

One wonders what the world is coming to with the complete absence of decorum. . The last title is not even remotely possible as it would have to be "Comrade Eternal leader of the Democratic Workers Party".

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,227 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NO title on airline booking

"One wonders what the world is coming to with the complete absence of decorum."

========

Or humor?

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NO title on airline booking

Oh great we've finally progressed beyond the middle name posts... still NO ONE CARES!!!! As an add on in today's gender neutral world the use of terms such as Mr and Ms is taboo. Get with the times. For the record no one ever cared as far as airline tickets go.

Anyone that has a fancy title worth writing down doesn't use public transit.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NO title on airline booking

Just for the record...my tongue was in my cheek :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
57,403 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NO title on airline booking

ah the good old days when title, middle names or even real names did not matter. There was a time I flew on my professor's ticket and the prof was a she. No one on United cared, there was no TSA or id check or anything

those were the days my friend...

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
50,316 posts
1,670 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NO title on airline booking

As my title is “Esteemed Doktor and Revered Leader of the World,” I have had to drop it, ‘cause it was just too long...

Fly safely, and without the title, as it’s unnecessary, OP,

Hunt

PS - UA always adds “Mr” to my name.

Reply to: NO title on airline booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted