Please bear with me, as I try and explain everything. I’ll be flying international for the first time as an adult.
Soon, I’ll be flying from Manchester, UK - Amsterdam Schiphol - Seoul Incheon Int - Mactan, Cebu, Philippines. The return journey will be Mactan, Cebu - Seoul Incheon Int - London Heathrow- Manchester. I’ll be flying Korean Air operated by KLM and Korean Air itself.
I’m not too sure what to expect, so if anyone could please give me insight in to the following, I’d much appreciate it:
- will I need to claim my baggage for each layover, or will my baggage be transferred and then I claim it when I reach Cebu? (I’ll have 1 piece of hand luggage and 1 checked bag)
- how on earth does check in work?
- selecting seats 24hrs before(?)
- am I allowed to leave the airport when I have a layover?
- will I be able to buy anything at duty free? (Also on my return Heathrow - Manchester?)
Apologies it’s quite long, I’d just like to know as much as possible, so I know what to expect.
Thanks in advance!