We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore airlines - Sydney airport check in

Sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Singapore airlines - Sydney airport check in

Could anyone advise me how long we should check in prior to departure in economy class on Singapore airlines from Sydney airport.

We have checked in online and printed boarding passes, but have luggage to check in.

7 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore airlines - Sydney airport check in

You should look at checking in around 2 hours before departure ... this is all clearly stated on their website.

It does not matter if you check in online, you still have to get printed boarding passes at the check in desks.

Sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore airlines - Sydney airport check in

Thankyou. I have also been told 3 hours prior, just wanted to clarify from anyone who has travelled with SQ recently.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore airlines - Sydney airport check in

The counters will open 3 hours before departure ... you can check-in anytime after that, they will close 60 mins beforehand.

Edited: 18 November 2017, 08:12
Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore airlines - Sydney airport check in

Planning to be there 3hrs before departure is the only responsible reply to your question.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore airlines - Sydney airport check in

I'm a belt and braces person when it comes to international flights.

Even though I've checked in online with SQ, I still like to be at the airport around about 3 hours in advance, and I'm travelling in business class. For economy, there are often long check in queues.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,408 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore airlines - Sydney airport check in

I also plan on 3 hours, that way is something happens on the way to the airport. I still have loads of time. I'd rather have an hour to kill in departures than be panicking I'm going to miss a long haul flight.

Singapore
Level Contributor
648 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore airlines - Sydney airport check in

I agree 3 hours , not sure about the desks at SYD but always 'look out' for desks for those who have already checked-in online , surprising the number of passengers that still do not ( or do not look for those special counters - where they have them )

Reply to: Singapore airlines - Sydney airport check in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted