We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time on Etihad -long haul

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
First time on Etihad -long haul

Hi.

We will be flying adelaide to New York via Abu Dhabi in January and as excited as we all are (a family of 5) I have a few little questions I can’t seem to find answers to that I’d love some help with please. We are travelling economy and the kids are 3, 11 and 15.

1. Is it possible to get access to snacks and drinks between meal services?

2. Baggage allowance into the US is 2x 23kg bags per person, will this also be the same on our first and final flights which were booked on the same booking but are with virgin (adelaide to perth)? I am concerned about the significant difference and possibly going over the regular virgin allowance.

3. What is the children’s entertainment like on Etihad? All I can find is the airline saying they have great kids options but then they would say that!

Thanks in advance for any information offered.

12 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,437 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time on Etihad -long haul

1.) Yes. Best is to go to a galley and ask an FA.

2.) Yes, as Etihad is the most important flight on the single ticket. Still, double check with Virgin.

3.) Their entertainment system is really good. There are many games. For details have a look here: etihad.com/en-ae/…

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time on Etihad -long haul

Wow thanks Phil. This is the first time I’ve posted here and your response was quick and really helpful! Thanks.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time on Etihad -long haul

I'd try to keep your baggage to a minimum. Even storing 1 suitcase per person in hotel rooms is going to be awkward as well as transporting it from one place to another.

Another thing to remember is that luggage trollies in airports do not hold much either especially when you will have your carry on allowance to juggle as well.

Edited: 29 October 2017, 05:21
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time on Etihad -long haul

Try phoning the airline for the answers to your questions or your travel agent.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time on Etihad -long haul

What class are you flying?

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
10,784 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time on Etihad -long haul

<<What class are you flying?>>

The original post says Economy?

UK
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time on Etihad -long haul

You can see the baggage allowance on this page: https:/…international-long-haul

As long as you didn’t book a Getaway fare then you will have 2x23kg per person throughout your trip.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time on Etihad -long haul

Thanks for that. I understand the allowance for the Etihad flights, was just unsure about the virgin connection flights.

Thanks for the help

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,437 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time on Etihad -long haul

<<Baggage allowance into the US is 2x 23kg bags per person>> Please be aware that the luggage size is max. 158cm (50x70x38).

Please check the hand luggage as well. It is one bag with a max of 7kg plus one small personal item.

etihad.com/en-ae/…

Loughborough...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First time on Etihad -long haul

Hi there - I am flying with Etihad from London to Perth via Abu Dhabi. We are taking our 9 year old with us and whilst I can find information about the great entertainment and complimentary meals and bar service I cant find anything about snacks between meals.

Can anyone advise if snacks are available and are they too complimentary - if not can we pack him some sweets and crisps in his carry on bag ?

Thank you

Edited: 23 January 2018, 13:32
Reply to: First time on Etihad -long haul
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted