We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

5 posts
HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

Hey guys,

I have been searching for flight tickets from Madrid to Medellín (Colombia) on google flights and I found really good ones. Then I had to click the button to book tickets from American Airlines, the new window popped out and the website really looked like the American Airalines' (big logo and everything). However I noticed that the name of the www was https://bookaa.amadeus.com . So I was wondering, is this legit or not??? Have you ever booked tickets from there?

THANK YOU

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,266 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

The URL you posted links to AA's website. Amadeus is a ticket reservation system used by many airlines.

5 posts
2. Re: HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

Thanks, but when i tried to check tickets at the official website the price was much higher. So do you think it is safe??

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,266 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

Again, the URL you posted links to the official website of AA. What's your itinerary exactly?

5 posts
4. Re: HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

Madrid 9.12. 12:00 - Medellín (via Miami) 14:31

Medellín 27.12. 15:21 - Madrid (via Miami) - this flight is operated by Iberia (info from google flight) - so I cant even find this flight from AA website.

It is in total 575 USD

OR this intinerary:

Madrid 9.12. 12:00 - Bogota (via Miami) 21:30

Madellín 27.12. 15:21 - Madrid 12:50 +1 (also Iberia)

This one for 618 USD

THANK YOU for help

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

I am seeing £515.70 on the AA.com website. That's $680.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
34,375 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

"Madrid 9.12. 12:00 - Medellín (via Miami) 14:31

Medellín 27.12. 15:21 - Madrid (via Miami) - this flight is operated by Iberia (info from google flight) - so I cant even find this flight from AA website.

It is in total 575 USD"

===============

No on Google Flights it is priced at €575 (actually €575.37). That's Euros, when converted to US Dollars becomes $679. And clicking through to AA.com it honors that fare.

I did see a higher fare when entering the dates from scratch on AA.com ($722) but that could be Spain point of sale vs US POS.. But as Lex says, the website is the correct one.

You do know that that flight requires an overnight stop in Miami, right?

Edited: 21 October 2017, 23:34
5 posts
7. Re: HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

Ohhh, okay! Right!! Thank you! Yeah, i know there is an overnight stop ;) so i guess it is safe to book it from there, right? Thank you again for help. I am not really experienced in this thing :D

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,724 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

Amadeus is a flight booking engine used by many airlines and travel agents all around the world.

9. Re: HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline requiring that all messages be written in English. It is not possible for the forum staff to provide translations. Foreign language comments exclude many readers from obtaining what may be pertinent information, which defeats the purpose of an open forum.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2018, 16:53
10. Re: HELP! Is bookaa.amadeus.com a scam or legit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2018, 05:18