We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
329 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

We wish to fly from Australia Sydney or Brisbane departure to Singapore (for a 3 day stop) and on to

Shanghai. Any recommendations if you can find a carrier with P.Economy.

14 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

From Brisbane flights to Singapore you have choice of Singapore Airlines 4 times per day , Emirates once and Qantas once.

Although Singapore Airlines are introducing Premium Economy on some aircraft I don't 'think' they have on the Brisbane route.

Emirates do not have a PE product

Qantas does not show PE on that route

You will probably find PE with Singapore Airlines and Qantas from Sydney but that means you flying to Sydney and that makes an extra journey.

From Singapore to Shanghai Singapore Airlines excellent choice , but doubt they have PE on the route , you would need to check

The ease and comfort on regular Economy on Singapore Airlines is quite good and it does give you same airline' all the way from BNE to Shanghai and back

That is a start :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

Singapore Airlines have 5 flights per day Singapore to Shanghai , China Eastern have 4 and some others

Queensland...
Level Contributor
329 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

Thanks Singlouissa. I had thought the same. Only Singapore airlines do a P.Economy to Singapore from Aust.

Unfotunately their PE doesn't get a good review and the aircraft is a 777-200 not an A350 as shown on their website. Flying to Sydney is OK but Qantas not showing P.E. which is unusual.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

I've got to disagree here . . . . but my info is only from the net

SQ 256 BNE-SIN (non stop) is currently an A350 with 24 PE seats. You don't say your dates and there's no guarentee it'll be the same throughout all seasons, but it is a 359 today and scheduled to be a 359 all week.

Flightradar's records - https:/…sq256

Seatguru layout. -- https:/…Singapore_Air_Airbus_A350-900.php

If you're have in a 3 day stopover, changing airlines is less of a concern. Providing you do the same on the way back.

Level Contributor
5,271 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

I know its not ideal, but just as another idea, what about Air Asia X premium economy (lay-flat seats) out of gold coast to KL and then onto Singapore.

Will cost about the price of an economey ticket on Full legacy carriers, but you get a lay flat seat and other perks (minus the extra stop).

Either that, or Scoot PE also out of gold coast to Singapore?

Singapore
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

From BNE they have A330 or 777 I have done both on that route in Economy

Have you done Singapore Airlines Economy ? , if legroom is the issue they do have 'Preferred Seats' which are usually Exit rows for a small extra charge.

Singapore
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

#4 I did not know that they had introduced the A350 on that route , I did not check online just going on the flights I have had between SIN and BNE , see 4 days ago they replaced the A 330 with A350 on that flight

Edited: 21 October 2017, 11:25
Queensland...
Level Contributor
329 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

Thanks for all the responses. Its def. an 777 on the Singapore Airlines website. We will have a look at Air Asia. Don’t know much about them and will do some research. Was hoping Qantas did the SYD - SING route with PE seating, but can’t find anything yet.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

>>>Thanks for all the responses. Its def. an 777 on the Singapore Airlines website<<<

*WHAT* is definitely a 777? we must be at cross purposes here. I am referring to BNE-SIN non stop SQ256

And, as just checked this minute, direct on Singapore Airlines website using dates 10th-15th Nov That flight is scheduled to be flown by an A350-900. As it is today, and as per the schedule for the immediate future.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
329 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.

Using Flightaware and Flightradar for SQ246 Bris-Singapore shows Boeing 777-200 Twin jet being flown. . Same for Flight stats site and Flightmapper.

Reply to: Want to fly Aust to Singapore and onto Shanghai on P.E.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted