We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name on passport and tickrt mismatch for international trave

1 post
Name on passport and tickrt mismatch for international trave

In PP child given name is only first name. In ticket i wrote fist and last name by mistake. Confirmed with airlines Alitalia and they said last name cannot be removed from ticket. Suggest me what options i have except cancellation and reissue...

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Name on passport and tickrt mismatch for international trave

Are you saying your passport only has a first name and no surname? You ticket must match your passport, so what Alitalia says is correct. Can you apply for a passport with both a first and surname? Otherwise you'll need to pay whatever fees are applicable or buy a new ticket. It could be an expensive mistake.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,052 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: Name on passport and tickrt mismatch for international trave

Are you saying that in your child’s passport, only his or her first name is printed? And when buying his or her ticket you included both first name and last name?

I think the airline might require a last name so I think your child’s last name will have to be added to his or her passport. That would mean a new passport.

Edited: 18 October 2017, 09:48
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Name on passport and tickrt mismatch for international trave

<<In PP child given name is only first name.>> First name and given name are the same just different terms.

<<they said last name cannot be removed from ticket>> They are right.

I understood your post in the following name. You have entered in the field "first name" not only the first name but also the family name. And then you entered in the field "family name" the family name again.

Let's assume the name is John Doe. Then on your ticket is issued on John Doe Doe.

Is this the right understanding?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,915 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Name on passport and tickrt mismatch for international trave

I'm interpreting the OP differently. I though he meant the passport just said John and the ticket John Doe. Although that was confusing. I know in some countries they don't have surnames (last names) so passports won't have anything in that field. Hiwever I wasn't following how he put a last name on for the ticket if the child didn't have one.

Think we need the OP to return and explain exactly what the issue is.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,915 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Name on passport and tickrt mismatch for international trave

Just reread the OP - I think you could be correct Dubai Phil

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
59,320 posts
149 reviews
6. Re: Name on passport and tickrt mismatch for international trave

I read it as the kid's passport just has John on it and his ticket has John Doe.

I wonder why they made a passport with Just John when they do have the last name! Why make it so confusing in the first place? But that does not matter as what is done is done !!

Typically in such cases -- the ticket is issued as: John LNU. (where LNU is last name unknown) . in this case, it is not unknown but I guess the real name. I cannot speak to what that airline would -- I would not touch Alitalia with a barge pole -- but my guess would be that it would be ok but you have to go with what the airline says

7. Re: Name on passport and tickrt mismatch for international trave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2018, 06:17