We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Club World on Gatwick Fleet

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
BA Club World on Gatwick Fleet

I'm flying to Mauritius later this year with BA Club World. I know that BA operate an older 777-200 fleet out of Gatwick which has the older generation in WT and WT+. I fly regularly in Club World from Heathrow and I'm wondering if I can expect a similar service/seat given the other cabins have not been refurbished?

Short-Haul Club Europe is very good from Gatwick in my opinion, but I've yet to experience long-haul. I'm going to book a trip to NYC early next year and my preference is Gatwick (due to location) rather than Heathrow.

4 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,343 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA Club World on Gatwick Fleet

I fly regularly from Gatwick to the Caribbean, always 777, since I don't know what the new one is like, I can't offer any opinion except to say, the older version it's fine by me...(business class).

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,460 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA Club World on Gatwick Fleet

The Club World seat is almost exactly the same across the entire fleet, there are minor IFE and upholstery differences between some longhaul aircraft types but that's about it.

If you think Club Europe from LGW is "very good" then I'm sure you'll be fine with its longhaul cousin!!

Edited: 16 October 2017, 17:11
London, United...
Level Contributor
711 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA Club World on Gatwick Fleet

If you are used to the LHR fleet you might find the cabin interiors a bit on the shabby side, depending on the individual aircraft, though my last couple of flights on the LGW fleet in CW this year were fine.

The seat itself is the same as all the LHR 777 fleet, the biggest difference is that the LGW fleet still has the old Rockwell Collins IFE, which at LHR I think only remains on the unrefurbished 747s.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,141 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA Club World on Gatwick Fleet

I have flown CW from LGW a number of times and it has always been fine.

But have never flown the upgraded version so cant compare.

Reply to: BA Club World on Gatwick Fleet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted