We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

I booked with Expedia at the end of August and double checked the time of flights and all was well. I didn't however check the dates. The inbound departure is fine but our return flight is scheduled for the same day that we arrive there. We travel in 5 days time. I do know I typed in the correct date as it clearly said we would return on the 28th not the 27th due to the +1 day with time changes. Has anyone else experienced this when booking on their site and what was the outcome. We cannot afford to buy new tickets as this is a big holiday for us. On phone with Expedia but already been an hour on hold :(

33 replies to this topic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,039 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

Ask on the Air Travel forum. This is the Owners' forum. Not mean for our own travel related questions.

Edited: 15 October 2017, 20:47
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

Hi,

I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Air Travel Forum.

Joanne

TripAdvisor Community Moderator

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,730 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

All you can do is contact Expedia and ask them to change it, if it is possible.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,382 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

Also look at the t&c for your ticket. Is it a non refundable one or fully flexible?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

Fingers crossed as @bestcornishcat mentioned, hopefully it's a flexible ticket.

Most of the time with OTA's the tickets are cheap for a reason - and that's all their terms and conditions you agree to at purchase (that little box you tick after entering all your details claiming you read the T&Cs).

Please do contact Expedia and report back here with what happened and I hope your flight and holiday goes well!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,628 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

Even if it will take you 3 hours on the phone you have no choice but to wait as Expedia is your only way for your ticket to be amended.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,182 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

Unfortunately, only Expedia can handle this issue for you. If you call the airline, they will redirect you to the booking agent (Expedia). As a sidenote, that's why many frequent travelers avoid booking air tickets on Expedia. Many of these online travel agents can be very difficult to reach when you need to talk to a living person for assistance.

Also, it's unlikely that Expedia will admit the system made a mistake an booked at wrong date for you. You will most likely have to pay change fees and fare difference. I entered a wrong date myself when booking museum tickets recently. Fortunately, I was able to work my plans around the mistake.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

"I didn't however check the dates."

=========

Oops. This looks like you made a mistake. Sorry Expedia doesn't deceptively change the dates you specify. And this would have been the same had you booked directly with the airline.

Lesson - check your flight dates at every point until paying and then double check the moment you get the confirmation**.

You'll have to contact Expedia and see what they can do. And you're now faced with a middleman who may know the situation or could be a clueless call center guy just reading instructions from a screen.

** - I've made that mistake (wrong dates), spotted it the next morning. But as I'd booked directly with the airline and spotted the error within 24 hours of booking I canceled online immediately and got a full refund.

Good luck.

Edited: 17 October 2017, 07:25
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,165 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

"I'd booked directly with the airline and spotted the error within 24 hours of booking I canceled online immediately and got a full refund."

Presumably you booked a refundable ticket? People use OTAs like Expedia and book the cheapest ticket whether they know it is refundable or not as many people do when they book direct. In this and other cases where a mistake in booking direct for the cheapest, non refundable, non changeable ticket is made, what would the airline do? Allow the change with or without a charge? Just asking.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!

Arandora - not necessarily. BA with a few exemptions will let you cancel your ticket within 24 hours. Norwegian will let you within 4 hours. One of the reasons I still rate BA!

Reply to: Wrong Dates on booking form with Expedia! Help!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted