We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia crashes at the moment of payment but Booked flights

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Expedia crashes at the moment of payment but Booked flights

Hi,

Yes as the title shows , I was in the process of making a booking through expedia (Flgihts + Hotel) , however when i was completing the payment the website crashes and boot me back to the booking page.

I was about to try again but then i received an e-mail from the Airline confirming the booking and the payment.

i have contacted Expedia and they are unable to find my trip, but if i call the airline they confirm my ticket and said everything is paid and i can't make any changes (no that I want) since is a third party company that made the booking.

now I am afrain that at the time of the flight my trip would be cancelled or something similar, and there is no hotel reservation.

The money still in my bank account. but i know that my bank takes a little bit to process the transactions.

what is the best recomendation? also afraid that the prices are going up in case the booking will be canceled (Expedia or Airline)

3 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia crashes at the moment of payment but Booked flights

As long as you're sure there is a ticket issued for your flight I wouldn't worry. Of course, check that the money is charged from your card as well.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,667 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia crashes at the moment of payment but Booked flights

I am a bit confused about your statements.

<<confirming the booking and the payment>> and <<The money still in my bank account>>

Are you sure that you have a confirmed ticket which is paid, or could it be that this is just a reservation?

<<since is a third party company that made the booking.>> In this case they should have a booking reference number from Expedia.

<<in case the booking will be canceled>> If Expedia has no reference, then they cannot cancel and the airline will not cancel if the ticket is fully paid.

So I am a bit confused. I would first go back to the airline and check the status of the ticket and ask them to give you the booking reference from Expedia (or whatever info they have).

Then I would go back to Expedia with that information.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
58,605 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia crashes at the moment of payment but Booked flights

I'm a bit lost. I don't understand how a third party can't find any record of a booking made through them, when an airline can. I'm probably being thick, but it makes no sense to me. I'd do as Dubai_Phil suggests. It sounds as though Expedia needs a bit of help.

Reply to: Expedia crashes at the moment of payment but Booked flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted