We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

Hello!

I am considering booking my flights to MILAN with Ryanair. Great prices, perfect timing of departure/arrival. I would be traveling in the second week of December.

However, due to the recent flight cancellations, I am afraid of booking my trip and that my flight would be canceled. What would be your advice?

Thank you very much!

61 replies to this topic
southern england
Level Contributor
375 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

Go ahead and book , just get some decent travel insurance in case the worst happens.

Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

And Ryanair have claimed that their current problems are only until the end of October...

Edited: 24 September 2017, 12:23
HGL
Almeria Spain
Level Contributor
440 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

Make sure your insurance covers consequential losses in the event of your flight being cancelled ie hotel reservations, car hire etc.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

I was thinking of instead of booking my flight with insurance, I'll just book my hotel with the option of cancelling it for free. What do you think?

HGL
Almeria Spain
Level Contributor
440 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

That's a possibility. What will you do if you are stuck in Milan for 3 extra days?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,279 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

You should really book a flexible/cancellable hotel anyway. Regardless of the current *****-up, there are other problems that can happen to flights which can affect separate arrangements from hotel bookings to car hire.. And in any case insurance isn't just to cover trip delays/changes.

Edited: 24 September 2017, 14:15
London
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

would not touch them with a bargepole. It appears the real problem is a lack of pilots. Will they be able to get more and stabilise the business for December? Who knows, so why take the risk when their are so many other alternatives although I accept they are not as cheap and nasty as Ryanair.

PS The "cheap and nasty" description is from today's Sunday Times.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
7 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

I definitely agree with you... but the only other option costs twice as much, includes 2 stops and is exhausting.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
20,042 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

i have absolutely no problem with booking with ryanair. and have just done so. they have adequate pilots and even have a waiting list of 1200 pilots wanting to join them. their simulators are working overtime and this is causing a slight delay.

any airline can have problems such as a computer glitch as experienced by ba / iag. or a pilots strike , or lack of money etc

HGL
Almeria Spain
Level Contributor
440 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017

Given that this scheduling issue was entirely foreseeable, why did Ryanair not recruit some of these supposed 1200 pilots 6 months ago?

Reply to: Should I book with Ryanair? December 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted