We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hand luggage

3 posts
Save Topic
hand luggage

can i put my handbag inside my cabin bag ? (i am flying with Thomsons)

7 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,391 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hand luggage

You will have to, as you can only take one piece of hand luggage which can be no more than 5kg.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hand luggage

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my query. I am surprised I even had to research this! As most women carry handbags, I would have thought that this would be basic information supplied by the tour operator/airline.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,226 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hand luggage

You think a tour operator or airline should have to specifically tell you that you're allowed to put a hand bag in your hand luggage? It's just plain common sense.

HGL
Almeria Spain
Level Contributor
440 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hand luggage

You don't have to research it - Thomson tell you on their faq page that you have to put your hand bag in your cabin bag. Easier to look it up than ask on here really.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,587 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hand luggage

And you may find, as we did, that when you are at the airport the person on security will just assume you're flying with Thomson (we weren't) and insist you cannot go forward unless you put your handbag into your carry on case. Which I did, and then promptly took it out again once we were around the corner, as our airline had no such requirement.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hand luggage

<<I am surprised I even had to research this! As most women carry handbags, I would have thought that this would be basic information supplied by the tour operator/airline.>>

How hard did you research it?

It seems pretty clear on Thomson's website.

I'm a woman and carry a handbag.

But not when I'm travelling.

My handbag goes inside my cabin baggage from the time I step into my taxi to the time I board the aircraft and it stays in my cabin baggage which goes under my seat - regardless of which airline I fly with.

I work on the principle that the least number of items I have with me, the less potential there is to leave something behind.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hand luggage

If I’m flying with a cabin bag - which I don’t with Thomson as I only use them for long haul twice a year - then I try to fly BA for the extra personal item as I want to have a decent sized handbag on a city break.

If I can’t and it’s EasyJet, I pack a longchamp and just have a very small handbag at the airport which I make sure can fit in the cabin bag. This holds my kindle, passport, phone, lip balm, pen & earphones. Anything else isn’t necessary for a short flight and can remain in my cabin bag. I take it out of my cabin bag (it’s kept in the front pocket so takes all of 5 seconds) and tuck my it in the seat pocket in front of me or have it under the seat.

Edited: 24 September 2017, 09:30
Reply to: hand luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted