We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bravofly fraud

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Bravofly fraud

Today I booked the fright from Moscow to Paris through this site. The final price charged on their payment page was 291 euros with plus 33 euro discount. But in the confirmation letter that I found in the mailbox I was charged 336 euros (!). In fact the withdraw around 50 euros more than then declared for the ticket as the final price. When I contacted the company they said that this price was true and given on their payment page and even printscreen that I sent them with "my" price did not convince them, they said that I am cheating them t!!! Then they started to say that I was redirected to their site from another search engine for which they cannot be hold responsible and while I sent them another printscreen showing that I was searching and bought the ticket directly on their site. After that they just disappeared and stop answering my letters. Looking in the Internet "Bravofly fraud" I found many cases like mine, Seems like this is really scam. And besides all that the carrier did not confirm that my booking through bravofly was made.

Also I found out that notwithstanding with their current registration address in Switzerland this is Ukranian company with their head-office based in Kiev.

Pleas tell me if anybody managed to get money back from this company?

Regards

31 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bravofly fraud

I just wish there was some way (a travel related forum for instance) where people could check up on a company before they are forced to give them money. Oh well, we can but dream!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,348 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bravofly fraud

'Seems like this is really scam' It is not.

Like a number of other booking websites, Bravofly does NOT have live pricing. They may or may not be able to book a flight at the price shown on their website, and no matter whether they can find that fare or not will always charge a fee to do nothing more than what you could have done for yourself.

'I sent them another printscreen showing that I was searching and bought the ticket directly on their site.' Зачем? If you wanted to buy a ticket with any airline, why go to a third party who again *will charge a fee* to make a booking you could have made yourself directly at the airline's website?

In the great majority of cases there are no cheaper fares found at third party sites. Go to the airline's website and book there.

If Bravofly have managed to book a ticket for you then go to the airline's site and ensure that all is in order. If you want to make any changes then you'll have to deal with Bravofly.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,744 posts
1,304 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bravofly fraud

Predicated on reading many 100's of threads here, on BravoFly, I have come to the conclusion that they are not "scammers," or a "fraud," but are quite "skonky," working just inside of the law.

As stated, one could book directly, cut out this middleman, and likely get the same, or better price.

I ask myself, "Why would I want to insert a 3rd party agent, between me, and the carrier?" So far, the answer has always been "I would not."

Good luck,

Hunt

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,972 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bravofly fraud

Can you explain why you didn't look up Bravofly fraud on the internet BEFORE you gave them your credit card? How foolish...

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bravofly fraud

You want money back for what, exactly? You have a flight ticket (which is what you wanted), it just cost you a little more than you were expecting because you booked it with an agent and not direct with the airline.

Edited: 20 September 2017, 21:21
W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bravofly fraud

It's not a scam, it's a IQ tax on the people who can't be bothered to research companies before they gladly hand over cash.

You didn't use the word cheap in your search by any chance ?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bravofly fraud

The OP chose to book with a very well-known shoddy 3rd party agent, with thousands of complaints against it just on this forum alone

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bravofly fraud

What made you decide that you should give your hard earned money to this company before giving them a quick google - which proved to have assisted you in finding TA quite easily when something went astray?

You'd have seen a forum I was just reading a few days ago with 100's of negative posts that would have detoured you from purchasing from them and just going with the peace of mind - and not the "cheap wannabe airfare fairy" way which is booking direct with the airline themselves.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bravofly fraud

Hi to everybody who was concerned by my topic. Answering all your comments

- a few years ago that was a good site and I booked several tickets with them, everything was OK

- BA provided the same flights with more or less same price but never provided them as a single journey putting 2 legs together and I did not want to rush for my luggage and them sent it again to a new flight

- I think skonky is the right word since the claim department called me and resent me all my printscreens agreeing with the price that was shown there, BUT(!) in very small letters under the ordering form they say that for some type of tickets the company may apply booking fees varying from 0 to 12 euros and agent fees varying from 17 to 30 euros.... that was the case since the company just charged - with no pre-notification in stated price - their right to add some extras. Anyway when the payment form shows you the price, I believe that it should be the final price including all fees and charges instead of tricking and adding them AFTER withdrawing the money from the account.

- and the last - BA did not confirm my ticket saying that I should apply to the agency in case of any problems.. VOI-la!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bravofly fraud

You really don't seem to understand what you're doing.

Hey ho.

Reply to: Bravofly fraud
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted