We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low deposit flight onlys

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Low deposit flight onlys

Hiya

Hiya

I've reserved some accommodation in Lesbos for May 2018, now looking for flights - anyone know of any companies offering low deposits on flight only bookings as I can't afford to pay for it all in one go at the moment and would like to spread the cost. You seem to be able to do this for package hols but not for flight onlys - help!

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,279 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low deposit flight onlys

None that I know of. A better option might be to look for an interest-free creditcard.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,534 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low deposit flight onlys

In my experience all flight only sales require payment in full at point of booking - you could see if flights with BA plus one nights hotel accommodation allows you to pay a deposit only as this could qualify as a package.

Canada
Level Contributor
6,330 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low deposit flight onlys

Hiya

People usually save up money until they are able to completely pay for a trip if they don't have a credit card, Perhaps you need to do this.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,669 posts
1,303 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Low deposit flight onlys

The credit card route is the only one that I know of, though some, less than ideal 3rd party loan sharks (er-r, I mean "agents") miht have some sort of scam, but interest is likely to be high.

Good luck,

Hunt

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,485 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Low deposit flight onlys

You are not flying for 7 months. With so much time why not save the money and book the flight when you've saved enough.

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Low deposit flight onlys

Thanks for all the suggestions - the flights sell out quickly for school holiday weeks which is why I wanted to get them locked down and pay for them later. I know I should save up first but by that time no flights will be available.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,050 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Low deposit flight onlys

You might explore a local credit union to see how long you need to save with them before you an borrow money.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Low deposit flight onlys

Flight prices from the UK in May usually increase to capitalise on the family travellers taking half term holidays.

If you are flexible with your dates & can travel outside of the bank holidays and half term breaks, you may be able to get cheaper flights. The prices and schedules for May have already been set, so by going to the various airlines website's now, you can get an idea of potential flight costs. I'm not sure which UK airport you're hoping to fly from, but some of the non frills carriers ( EasyJet, RyanAir) may have varying prices depending on which regional airport you fly from. Flights from Luton or Stanstead may be cheaper than London or Birmingham.

As other posters have already said, flights are paid for in full at the point of booking. Paying by credit card may also provide you with additional rights if there is a dispute between you and the supplier.

I'd also advise you to buy your travel insurance as soon as you book your flights. If you (or a member of your family) fall ill before you travel & need to cancel, your travel insurance should cover for cancellation.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,215 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Low deposit flight onlys

I'd have booked and paid for the flights first and put a deposit down on the accommodation. If i couldn't afford the flights then I wouldn't book them until I could.

Reply to: Low deposit flight onlys
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted