We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

I've been booking a series of flights for a holiday around Asia and yesterday evening I booked Phuket to Bangkok and Bangkok to Siem Reap with AirAsia, however this morning I noticed I have in fact booked Phuket to Bangkok twice on two different dates. Having done some investigation I've noticed that if you click edit your booking to change dates or currency sometimes the destination reverts to your previous search. I obviously didn't notice this, thought I'd found a good flight deal when flicking between dates and booked my previous search (Phuket-Bangkok) again instead of my current one.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is there any chance of a refund or changing the flights to a different route, same travelers, same day?

Also just as a warning to others booking with AirAsia to triple check before paying!

17 replies to this topic
Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
534 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

Had booked a number of flights with them earlier vthis year and did not have any problems, however I will shortly be booking with them again and will watch out for the situation you described.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,269 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

Don't know what their policy is but some airlines have a grace period where they allow free changes or cancellations. Perhaps a quick phone call would be worth the effort.

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

Currently trying their online live chat but there's quite a queue, I'll let you know the outcome

Singapore
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

I don't know the answer , have used Air Asia many times without problems.

Of interest , are you routing Phuket - Bangkok DMK - Siem Reap on same day or spending time in Bangkok in between ?

because they do have a daily non stop Phuket to Siem Reap flight

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

We're stopping in Bangkok for a few days. Live chat was pretty unhelpful. No refunds, no changing routes- only dates or passengers. Gave me a link to a generic form to give them feedback on their website. Frustrating as the Bangkok-Siem Reap flight is more expensive so I'd just like to pay the difference.

Do any other budget airlines fly that route or are there any last minute sales? We're travelling at beginning of October and I'd quite like to avoid giving Air Asia any more money.

Moral of the story- triple check everything!

Singapore
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

So to be clear you say that instead of booking Phuket to Bangkok and then Bangkok to Siem Reap you booked 2 x Phuket to Bangkok on different dates ?

It's only Bangkok Airways , Thai Smile both from BKK or Air Asia from DMK on that route

Edited: 18 September 2017, 15:56
Singapore
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

This is just random fare search example Bangkok to Siem Reap 05 Oct return 08 Oct , per person return in taxes etc: but you would want to check the websites depending on your travel dates

Bangkok Airways THB 5,825 inc baggage from BKK

Thai Smile THB 5,695 inc baggage from BKK

Air Asia THB 4,768 ito THB 5,561 ( depending on which flights ) inc a baggage allowance

or

with 7 kgs hand baggage only THB 3,568 to THB 4,261 again depending on which flights - from DMK

Edited: 18 September 2017, 16:09
Singapore
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

You could try asking on the Thailand forum as so many people use Air Asia

https:/…ShowForum-g293915-i3686-Thailand.html

but if it is as you booked Phuket-Bangkok twice on different dates I think you have lost whichever date you didn't want

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

I've had this happen before but it's been when I've had two tabs open searching different flights - if you do this then it changes the second tab to mirror the first. I've always noticed though, but it's just a thought as to what might have happened?

Air Asia only give refunds if they cancel the flight - their tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable for the most part.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,067 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out

Just shows you should always check & double check your bookings to make sure the times, dates, names, routes etc are all correct before you book

Reply to: Air Asia Booking problem- watch out
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted