We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reentering Korea for a connecting flight

3 posts
Save Topic
Reentering Korea for a connecting flight

I am currently on vacation in East Asia. I spent one week in South Korea, before coming here to Japan. I am due to fly from Osaka to Seoul then, Seoul to Dublin via Frankfurt on Wednesday. I spent one week in Seoul earlier this month.

My Seoul to Dublin via Frankfurt flight is a connecting flight with Lufthansa, but the Osaka to Seoul flight was booked separately.

My questions are:

1. should I expect any issues at border control in Seoul when I arrive there? I will only be in the airport for a few hours before flying out again.

2. Is there a way for my luggage to be checked right the way through from Osaka to Dublin? I presume I will have to collect it in Seoul and then check it in again

Hopefully the above makes sense

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,761 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reentering Korea for a connecting flight

Sorry but none of us works for the Korean Govt so not sure why you would ask a bunch of strangers on the internet your question. We don't know. Did you do something illegal ? Is there something to be worried about ? If not, not sure why one would ask this question. If you were in and out legally from a country -- assuming you had or did not need a visa and are legally allowed to enter the same country -- then why would they stop you ?

If you have book separate tickets I hope you realize the risk of missing a flight. Please read the top question on this issue.

You have mentioned one airline LH but not the other. Not sure how you expect the same strangers to help you guess the other airline

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reentering Korea for a connecting flight

Wasn't expecting an antignositic response like this to a basic question.

No, I am not a criminal. No, I haven't committed a crime. And yes, I'm well aware that the majority of people in this forum don't work for the Korean government.

To satisfy your bemusement as to why I posted this question in a forum comprised of strangers, it is quite clearly to gauge the views of the community and to allow me to understand if there was anything specific I would need to consider before re entering Korea. That was why the question was open ended.

We are not all seasoned travellers out here. This is my first time managing a connecting flight like this. It will be the first time I will have re entered a country outside of the Schengen zone like this.

Is that not why internet forums exist?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,225 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reentering Korea for a connecting flight

What's your citizenship

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reentering Korea for a connecting flight

Agree with Declan, Belomiser was way out of line.

This forum is the exact place for this type of question, and while I cannot answer it, I most certainly stand by the right of anyone to ask these types of questions.

Maybe destination experts should stay and comment on their area of expertise where they are no doubt useful, as opposed to redundant and outrageously rude reply as above.

Declan - let the forum know your citizenship, and then it should be a quite straightforward answer. I am assuming you are concerned that you may not have the right to re-entry after having already utilised visa the week before?

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reentering Korea for a connecting flight

Thanks guys. I am an Irish citizen. Will just be in Seoul Airport for about 3-4 hours before travelling onwards.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,225 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reentering Korea for a connecting flight

The simple answer is that nobody knows

You could be denied boarding in Japan, you could be refused entry to S. Korea.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reentering Korea for a connecting flight

On #2 I think you're right. You don't say who your other flight is with but IF they have an interline agreement with LH, they might do you a favour. You can always ask.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea/113228… - here's a thread on transferring. You might want to ask on flyertalk too. I would have *thought* you'd be ok seeing as I'm not seeing horror stories about transferring but if you're concerned, maybe ring the airlines you're flying with to check or contact the airport to understand the transit procedure in more detail.

Reply to: Reentering Korea for a connecting flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted