We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Middle Name on Airline Ticket

Sandnes, Norway
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Middle Name on Airline Ticket

Hi,

I'm flying with Qantas from London to Sydney rather soon, and I realised my middle name is not on my ticket. My middle name is in my passport.

I did not book through Qantas, but through tripmonster.no.

I just called Qantas and the woman I spoke with said I needed to have my middle name on the ticket, but that they could not do anything about it as I didn't book through them.

I've travelled in Europe and to the US without my middle name on the ticket numerous times, and in other forum posts here people say it doesn't matter with the middle name even though the airline says so?

Any experience with how strict Qantas is with this?

8 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,938 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Middle Name on Airline Ticket

Middle names don't matter.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
55,992 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Middle Name on Airline Ticket

if you search this forum you will see about a 1000 or more posts saying that a middle name is not needed . please go ahead and do that. Always best to search the forum before posting the very same question

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
64,165 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Middle Name on Airline Ticket

You'll be fine. I don't know why the rep said otherwise.

India
Level Contributor
186 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Middle Name on Airline Ticket

As long as your Last Name / First Name are as per your passport you need not worry on any airlines/route globally.

Also when you are updating your passport details with QF please update your middle name on it. It is sufficient.

5. Re: Middle Name on Airline Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2017, 12:30

Toronto
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Middle Name on Airline Ticket

Here is information from Quantas

https:/…20name

"NOTE: Please add your middle name at the time of booking. If you do not add your middle name at the time of booking and it appears on your passport, you will have to call Contact Centres to add APIS to your booking."

APIS is the Advanced Passenger Information System used by airlines.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,232 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Middle Name on Airline Ticket

I presume then that Qantas has a field for Middle Name(s) when you book? (I don't know because I have never booked with them).

I don't include my middle name when booking, as I have never seen an online booking form that asks for it.

Still if you can include it as part of API when you check in with Qantas, that would seem to be the work-round here.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,330 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Middle Name on Airline Ticket

LJY....this post was started in June and is now 6 months old! I'm guessing the OP has flown by now?

Reply to: Middle Name on Airline Ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted