We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ExploreTrip Reviews???

1 post
ExploreTrip Reviews???

I have found a cheap flight on ExploreTrip that is $932/person Roundtrip. Vayama prices it at $942/person and Air China at $980/person. Does anyone have experience with ExploreTrip? I don't know if they are reliable...

71 replies to this topic
Disneyland Paris...
Level Contributor
12 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: ExploreTrip Reviews???

They were awful! My flight was canceled but they never bothered to tell me - I only found out when googling it to see if meals were served and found out it didn't exist, called Exploretrip only to be told, "Oh, the flight is canceled". This was 40 hours before departure. They offered no help, no alternative flights, no support booking another - nothing. I ended up booking another flight myself which cost me an extra $250 USD and I lost a night at a hotel too.

Avoid Exploretrip for sure!!

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,186 posts
254 reviews
2. Re: ExploreTrip Reviews???

Book directly with the airline for your peace of mind.

Level Contributor
199 posts
3. Re: ExploreTrip Reviews???

The easiest way to avoid a potential scam and lots of headache is to book direct with the airline. Air China is a million times more trustworthy than any of those 3rd party companies. It's a no brainer. For an extra $50, you are guaranteed to get to your destination.

4. Re: ExploreTrip Reviews???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 August 2017, 09:05

Lincoln...
4 posts
1 review
5. Re: ExploreTrip Reviews???

ExploreTrip is awful. Here's my story, which does not seem dissimilar from others below.

Traveling home from Naxos, Greece two days ago with 5 people including a 3 year old, we arrived at the Naxos airport to find the airline (Sky Express) had no record of our tickets. Further, they had no room on any flights for days. We were forced to take a taxi to a ferry, buy 1st class tickets - all that was remaining - and travel to athens on a 6 hour (!) ferry, and then take another 30 minute taxi to our hotel.

How did this happen? Well, while standing in a 100 degree tiny office at the Naxos airport I called ExploreTrip for help AT MY OWN EXPENSE ($2/minute on my cell plan). I was told that the charge never went through for the tickets and then put on hold for 15 minutes to see what could be done. The agent NEVER CAME BACK.

WHEN I PURCHASED THE TICKETS THE EXPLORETRIP SITE SAID THAT THE CHARGE WENT THROUGH AND I NEVER RECEIVED ANY SORT OF FAILURE MESSAGE DURING THE TRANSACTION OR AFTER. In fact, I received a ticket conformation via email indicating tickets had been successfully purchased.

So this issue has cost me $450 plus (and more importantly) about 8 hours of my and my family's time while on vacation.

I have messaged ExploreTrip since and heard nothing back. This company is a scam as far as I can tell. Too bad in this day and age that this can happen.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
6. Re: ExploreTrip Reviews???

did you never check your booking on the airlines website? was the money taken from/returned to your account?

Lincoln...
4 posts
1 review
7. Re: ExploreTrip Reviews???

Good questions Carol. I'm just now trying to get to the bottom of this. I never did check my booking on the airlines' websites. Obviously I should have, but I travel so much I've grown accustomed to everything just "working".

Regarding the money, I have a message in to Chase to try to understand what's going on. Because, I do not see any charges from Exploretrip at all, eventhough they sent me email confirmations for each flight, including airline confirmations and ticket numbers.

We purchased $1K worth of flights and I see absolutely no charges from them or anyone that might be them.

Edited: 22 August 2017, 14:00
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,910 posts
113 reviews
8. Re: ExploreTrip Reviews???

" I travel so much I've grown accustomed to everything just "working". "

You obviously do not travel enough to realise that s..t happens and airlines change flight times, with advices not always coming through, which has happened to me with United, but then you toss a third party ticket flogger into the mix, and still believe that everything will just work? Your run of luck ran out this time.

Lincoln...
4 posts
1 review
9. Re: ExploreTrip Reviews???

I travel over 100k miles/year @frommy, albeit almost all in the US. Seems like a decent amount.

While s**t happens all the time, it's always about flight changes, missed flights, weather delays, lost baggage - but NEVER have I dealt with fraud or arriving at an airport to find I do not have tickets. Never.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
175 posts
547 reviews
10. Re: ExploreTrip Reviews???

You were not deceived. It's amazing that you think so.

When I booked my ticket, I instantly received an itinerary receipt.

But in this receipt above there was a red inscription: This is not an e-ticket confirmation email. E-ticket will be sent in 4 hours.

And the money was not written off. This is the main factor, there is no money - there is no ticket!

Yes, it's not convenient. I think that this small agency appears to be buying tickets manually later.

Yes, it is not convenient that the client has to wait and be in ignorance.

But later I got my ticket. And with my promocode I got the cheapest ticket! The profit was $ 24 from the nearest competitor.

You can buy at the airline for the full price and be calm. But you chose this agency to save.

So the problem is your inattention.

By the way the skiddoo.com.au and a dozen other agencies also work by this way.

Edited: 28 August 2017, 08:54
Reply to: ExploreTrip Reviews???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted