We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

So the Kiwi.com website shows the cost of a flight, then says 3x cabin bags fee, 3x checked bags free, which my husband took to mean we got three checked bags for free. But when the e-tickets came there was no mention of the checked bags, and when he called they acted like he was imagining things (that graphic still shows up on their website). When he complained they refused to refund all of our money (you have to submit paperwork, we can't guarantee you'll get it all back, yada yada), even though their website is clearly misleading. Have other people had problems with this company, and does anyone know how to get aggregators like Kayak from including them on their site?

26 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
91,885 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

If you use the search box above your post to look for Kiwi.com, change the drop-down to "All Forums" and click "Search", you will find many hundreds of complaints about this web site.

You will got get Kayak to remove the link, as it is a paid advertisement.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,925 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

Kiwi.com is right up there with eDreams as the shonkiest online booker. It's a shame you didn't come on this forum before giving them your money. Had you done so and read the hundreds of (overwhelmingly genuine) complaints you would have run run run away.

Good luck with getting your money back. They're based in the Czech Republic if you want to take them to court.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

I'm sure Kayak would refuse to include Kiwi if the OP is willing to give them more money than Kiwi gives them for advertising.

Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,162 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

Kiwi.com used to be known as Skypickers.

Do a search here and you'll see multiple threads about how useless they are under either name.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

I wondered why their prices seemed too good to be true.

Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

If it's too good to be true..

Well..I'll let you finish that train of thought.

Next time, book directly with the airline.

7. Re: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 July 2017, 11:04
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
62,303 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

>>>does anyone know how to get aggregators like Kayak from including them on their site?<<<

I do not think it's possible.

In future do your due diligence checks on every company you're thinking of handing your money to. Don't rely on an appearance on a different website as being any kind of a guide to good reliability and performance. It's often going to be quite the reverse.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

Yes I had a bad experience with KIWI.com on September 09, 2017. I booked my trip with them and did not get the PNR for my very first flight. I used their Live Chat, which was responded but closed without resolving my issue. I had a tough time to get my booking from the first airline, where the airline did extra efforts to find out my reservation. Even after that, the information posted on the first flight was not having any reference of my next connection. It wasted my another half and hour, but again Airline staff helped me and entered the required information.

Just to mention, that the needed PNR was sent to me via email after 9 hours of flight take off time. I think that TripAdvisor should warn them for this kind of irresponsible attitude, which could put an individual in a bad situation.

Level Contributor
8,813 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?

Tatiana there are many, many warnings about this company on the TripAdvisor forum. It didn't stop you using the. Though did it. People have to start looking after themselves and protecting their money by doing a few minutes of research before buying online. The information is available, you just have to read it.

Sounds like you gaired pretty well compared to others and that the airline sorted you out. Any others have been left stranded when they misckmnected or airlines couldn't find their bookings and had to pay a lot for replacement tickets.

Edited: 10 September 2017, 13:17
Reply to: Anyone else have issues with Kiwi.com?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor