If you're looking for good service, spacious rooms/bathroom with soft beds; this is not the place you want to stay. Front desk clerk rushed me through the check-in process while the couple next to me, got the royal treatment and was made aware of all the amenities in the area/sister hotels. Beds are hard and remind me of the beds of those supplied by college dorms. Woke up with a stye on my eye from the bedding at this location so beware of the linen. Not to mention, this place is one block away from skid row (homeless and openly drug use). Wasn't the place or the area I envisioned to be for my son's 13th birthday trip. Lesson learned!!!
The “facility fee” is a joke. I didn’t even get to use any of their items that were included in it and it’s not optional. I was barely in my room - just to sleep. Didn’t even use the WiFi and there was no coffee at the hours that I had to be up and out of the room. Beds are not great, sheets are not fancy. It’s a basic place but not bad for the low price.
This hotel is not for everyone, but worked out very well for me. There was no fancy artwork on the wall, no bar, no breakfast, and no fitness room (nearby, though). But the mattress, linens, towels, and shower were great, it had environmentally-friendly features, the staff (Ashley!) was very friendly - including a hug- , and the price in over-priced SF was right. All what I was looking for. The location is at walking distance to the conference center, but unfortunately has many homeless people. I didn't feel unsafe, but is something to consider. Overall a great experience.
This was easily the worst hotel experience of my life--tiny room, cheap amenities, paper thin walls, crappy light fixtures that fall down, and a disgusting bathroom. The lack of AC unit in the room meant that I had to choose between a hot, stuffy room or opening a window to experience the putrid stench and noise of an alleyway that is clearly being used as a public toilet. The worst part of the experience was the smell--a bizarre mix of mold, BO, raw sewage, and marijuana. I've had better experiences camping in tents. NEVER AGAIN!!!
He must have been a guest of another room that had a key to mine!!! This is a security issue!!! The hotel should have addressed it immediately. I asked the front desk guy to write a report and have me signed on it. I did not hear back from him.