Hotel room smelled of smoke. Smoke detector was broken, carbon monoxide detector was hanging from the ceiling by a wire, toilet seat had hair, dead insect on the bathroom floor. Manager refused to issue a refund after I checked in despite not remaining in the room. That's ok - you screwed me, and I have exercised every avenue to cause you problems that are FAR worse. You have no clue what's coming. Just remember, Mr. Manager: YOU decided to make this difficult.
This is not a hotel. This is a spot used by hundreds of local gays to have sex in the rooms and the parking lot. This is located by a place called Club Columbus, which is a gay sex hookup spot in disguise as a "gym". Those of you leaving bad reviews because the rooms are dirty, or you hear knocking all night, or a lot of men headed to one room...that is not drug deals and protitutes, that is the type of decay that happens when local gay men choose a place for all of their activities to take place. Hundreds of guys show up each night to have sex with each other in the rooms and parking lot. The staff can't possibly control it at this point. The cops don't care when they're battling gay public hookups at the local parks (yeah where kids play and stuff, those have become other hookup places). Just avoid this hotel. It is not for normal people.…
Picked this place close to hospital, so I could see my daughter. Stayed a week. Clean during the day looks descent enough. At night people knocking on couple neighbors doors all night long. Syringes & bent spoons in parking lot. Cars playing loud music hanging out. Ask to be changed to other building, clerk gladly did it. This building even worse. Obvious drug deals & hookers. 2 rooms women had men in & out and others waiting in cars to come in. Not to mention fire alarm going off for over an hour after midnight.
I have stayed here several times, along with several other fellow employees when we have meetings in Columbus. We have had several issues, but nothing serious, so we never complained. And to be honest, we always came back because the front office staff was always so polite and friendly. However, before leaving for my most recent trip I woke up feeling "ill". With the current pandemic / virus situation, I thought it best to cancel my reservation. The general manager refused to offer me a refund, or even some kind of credit towards my next stay. Needless to say, my fellow co-workers and myself will no longer be booking rooms at the Varsity Inn.
We were given a room in the second building and the room was dirty. It had not been cleaned so we were given a new room which was even worse, room had live and dead bugs and stuff on floor. Normally stay in Red Roof, but was trying something off Olentangy. Never again!! The front desk guy was nice though but rooms are nasty and not cleaned.