We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
I did not expect much from this hotel, 1ste business trip to Dakar. Conveniently situated, I took the hotel shuttle in the middle of the night, staff helpful and friendly. They room surprised me the most - standard room but modern furnishings and spotless. Sea...More
I have only stayed once but came away unimpressed. The central location is superb but the Hotel feels very dated and felt far too basic for the money paid. It had a good swimming pool but the rooms were rudimentary and simple. Aircon was good....More
My first visit to Dakar Senigal and my hoast arranged the Novotel for me. A surprisingly pleasent 4 star hotel, I wasn't expecting such standards in North Africa. Buffet lunch was really good with lots of choice. The staff were extremely helpful. Nice rooms, clean...More
The stay was completely ruined by the fact that we had money stolen whilst staying at the hotel and more importantly how badly the inconvenience and loss was handled. On informing the reception desk, the first thing she did was alert the only person who...More
Novotel is exactly what its name suggests. You'll get not a penny more out of it. Simple rooms with all the basic amenities and service, reasonably clean and new, but nothing to write home about. There are some interesting red cockroaches/bugs that are fun to...More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination... More
1. Getting visa – contact with Sen embassy. Despite of writting that EU citizens don't need visa, it wasn't so on December 2014. I simply registered via internet, paid ~ 50 $ and get visa in airport. I didn't do vaccination against yellow fever.
2. About prices: July–late September is humid season, hotels reduce prices up to 40%. I visited Sen on late December. Excellent. That's hardto understand what You are looking for. I honestly recommend hotel Ibis, it is side to side with Novotel. Price is lower, the personal is more friendly, but You can use also services of Novotel, pool is common.
3. About fligts – there are very many possibilities, look internet. I like Turkish Airlines.
4. I guess – 1 day in Dakar for city tour is enough, 1 day for Goree Island, 2 days for Saloum delta national park, 3 days for Sant Louis, 1 day in Dakar at the pool before fligt. You will be happy!!!
5. Senegal isn't a cheap country for tubabs! But – there I'd met the most friendly people in Africa! Learn some words on Woloff and always be kind. Good luck!
As l am not a smoker myself,I am not really sure about whether you can smoke in any room.If l am not mistaken they usually ask you upon booking whether you want a smoking or non smoking room.I hope this helps.
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
"There is IBIS hotel attached to Novotel; please check IBIS, may be smaller rooms but could be clean. Take..."