We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Save your favourite places so you can find them later.
Best prices for your stay
Ages of Children: change Please provide ages
Savings alert: 18% below average rate
Lock in the lowest price from our partners
Prices are provided by our partners, and reflect average nightly room rates, including taxes and fees that are fixed, known to our partners, and due at time of booking. Please see our partners for more details.
All photos (1,155)
What is Travellers' Choice?
This award is our highest recognition and is presented annually to the top 1% of businesses across select categories.
First the view of this place was like aweeeeeeeeeeee, then walking through was like aweeeeeeeeeee, it’s incredible. The history and everything was awesome, the staff was the greatest, the room was clean and roomy and the sherry was a nice touch. Then the views from...More
Our three days at the Castle were everything we could hope for. We stayed in the Barossa Suite (#31) which was perfect for my husband and I and our 19 year old daughter. While there was a cute sleeping nook room, they thoughtfully set up...More
Where to begin? You know how when you travel with different age groups, everyone has different tastes and everyone may not agree on what was the best part of the trip? Well, my husband, my kids, and I all agreed that the best part of...More
This is one of the most outstanding hotels we have stayed in. Nestling atop a hill overlooking Oberwesel on the Rhine,its history is 1,000 years old but some time ago it was in ruins and a philanthropic American/German paid for it to be rebuilt. I...More
We stayed here for one night at short notice and we were delighted by the accomodation, friendly staff , great good and stunning views , well worth the effort.... please visit !
Excellent breakfast included in price !
TripAdvisor gives a Certificate of Excellence to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers.
Things to do
US$154 - US$342 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Non-Smoking Rooms ,
Number of rooms
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Castle Hotel Auf Schoenburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Response from Sixonthego_50 | Reviewed this property |
They had carts for transporting luggage. They were basically golf carts. They seemed glad to transport you. Then get a room on the first floor and you should be good. A lot of the charm of the castle are the gardens... More
They had carts for transporting luggage. They were basically golf carts. They seemed glad to transport you. Then get a room on the first floor and you should be good. A lot of the charm of the castle are the gardens that would not be good for someone with limited mobility. Many of the rooms and restaurants with great views would be easily accessible. I hope this helps. The hotel went out of their way to make sure to accommodate us. I am sure they would help your father. It is a once in a lifetime place.
Response from Mina-Mary | Reviewed this property |
We stayed in suite 16. No photos of the balcony, but it's accessed from a door at the side of the suite (room), is quite small (as I remember it had a tiny table similar to a picnic table with benches on each side.) We... More
We stayed in suite 16. No photos of the balcony, but it's accessed from a door at the side of the suite (room), is quite small (as I remember it had a tiny table similar to a picnic table with benches on each side.) We were there in the fall and it was a bit cool and damp to actually use it. You can see a bit of the balcony and the door leading to it on the hotel web site if you click on "more" when viewing suite 16.
1. There are safes in everyroom. Some are hidden behind mirrors or tapestries. It depends on the room you have booked. Each room is different in style. Simply check-in and when you are shown to your room the representative... More
1. There are safes in everyroom. Some are hidden behind mirrors or tapestries. It depends on the room you have booked. Each room is different in style. Simply check-in and when you are shown to your room the representative of Auf Schönburg will give you a small tour of your amenities, including the safe. Yes, to the laptop compatable question -although do to the structure of a castle...Wi-fi can be an issue in some rooms.# walls. However, contact the hotel directly with the laptop question and they will provide you with a answer and solution to you're concern.
2. Frankfurt A. Main. and Burg Eltz are at least an hour or more from Hotel Auf Schönburg, with a car. The region of the Middle Rhein is very rustic. There is of course modern amenities such as trains. Please mind, that they do take time. If perhaps you rented a car in Frankfurt A. Main. Driving to Auf Schönburg, then partake with a cruise to the Lorelei and then drive to Brug Eltz ( which is located in the region of the Mosel river and not the Rhein) then I believe you can satisfy you're desired intinery with conjunction with a stay with Auf Schönburg. For other excursions I would suggest that you book and enjoy a wine tasting with a local vinture in Oberwesel. Not only can you sample and buy exquisite wines, the tour includes a brief history of the town and surrounding land plus a trip into the sellers of the vinture himself. You should contact Auf Schönburg directly if you are interested in making a wine tour in Oberwesel, as it is a planned event.
3. Within the category of four star hotels inside of Germany, private bathrooms are mandatory to maintain said status. Although, not all rooms are with a free standing shower; some only with a bathtub. Contact the Hotel directly to better suit your needs.
4. Airport transfers are of course possible. Please refer to "rustic" and plan accordingly . Contact the Hotel for perhaps other arrangements - private pickup and drop off. What I can recommend is the DB regional train. You can order a taxi service to the train station in Oberwesel from the hotel and then you can embark on you're journey to Frankfurt airport in just over an hour (1.10mins) directly to the airport. The cost of the train ONE-WAY is around €13 for ONE person.
I hope that I gave you the information you needed and enjoy you're stay at Castle Auf Schönburg and the surrounding regions of South-West Germany.
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
"Check if they have Rhine view and also Balcony if you want the very best. Rooms vary greatly in size and..."