We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rising Cock Hostel

Traveller (12)
Pool & Beach (3)
Room & Suite (1)
  • Excellent55%
  • Very good13%
  • Average16%
  • Poor7%
  • Terrible9%
Travellers talk about
“booze cruise”(22 reviews)
“crepes”(41 reviews)
“common room”(6 reviews)
{"containerClass":null,"containerAttributes":null,"widget":{"name":"ibex_photo_carousel","template":"ibex_photo_carousel__widget","moduleList":["handlers"],"divClasses":"prw_rup prw_ibex_photo_carousel","js":{"handlers":"(ta.prwidgets.getjs(this,'handlers'))"},"dust":{"nav_controls":"ibex_photo_carousel__nav_controls"}},"scriptFlags":null}
Reviews (101)
Filter reviews
92 results
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year
More languages
Show reviews that mention
All reviewsbooze cruisecrepescommon roomdrinking gamesprincess roomhuge partypub crawl every nightown bathroomhome away from homemamapartyingpubcrawlnetflixdormbeachesbackpackers
Updating list...
1 - 5 of 92 reviews
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

This hostel was great for making friends- we made friends we ended up meeting up with later in our travels. It was heaps of fun and not as crazy as everyone made it out to be- but it was had the most popular pub crawl...More

Thank brigittekelleher
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My first time staying in a Hostel and I was blown away but not only the cleanliness but the community that forms within the hostel amongst the travelers. The staff were great, the pub crawl was super fun and location was perfect for popping around...More

Thank Julia K
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I really liked my staying there. The hostel is new, everything super clean, the only thing that I did not like it, it was the size of the bathroom (for women) way too small. I definitely recommended this Hostel. Cheers

Thank raffaella s
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Ignore those deets comments below. If you're after a good time (which you clearly are cause you're off to Lagos). 90% of this rating is made up of the superstars that stayed there, and the other 10% is thanks to Mama. Who is an absolute...More

Thank Zopheni
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The rising cock hostel has a great location, just a few minutes on foot from the main action in Lagos old center, and not very far from the beaches. Let me start saying that the summer heat without aircon or fans is unbearable so sleep...More

1  Thank Gio F
View more reviews
Most Booked Properties in Lagos, Portugal
See all 51 hotels in LagosSee all
Awards & Recognition
Certificate of Excellence
Top amenities
Free High Speed Internet (WiFi)
Price range
US$32 - US$151 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Price range
US$32 - US$151 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Add Photo Photos
Traveller (12)
Pool & Beach (3)
Room & Suite (1)
Questions & Answers
Get quick answers from Rising Cock Hostel staff and past guests.
Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page.
Posting guidelines
Room Tips
"Upstairs room facing courtyard."
Read review
"don't book here unless you are 20 years old and love the smell of vomit"
Read review
"Go for the top floor aka the penthouse if you're a lad!"
Read review
"If you are in a large group, request the beach house (6 single beds, 2 double beds)"
Read review
Is This Your TripAdvisor Listing?
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Claim Your Listing