If you are yearning for sometime with mother nature and your friends or family members amidst some warm hospitality, this has to be the place you should stay at. Location is perfect and so are the hosts who wouldn't say a "No" for anything.
The Malnad style food and the variety was so good, all of us left the place wishing for some more.
The property is spread across 8 acres of lush greenery. Home to variety of fruits and fauna and lots to do for kids and adults alike. Natural pool is a must try.
The guided trek to the adjoining hill is an activity you shouldn't miss for anything.
Am definitely gonna come back. Really appreciate the efforts put in by the super hosts in making our two nights stay comfortable.
The only improvement i would like to see when i visit next, is that the cottages have a larger table and may be a wardrobe to keep your stuff.
I stayed here for one day for a family gettogether function. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. Its little interior to sakleshpura city but it's worth it. When you reach the resort as the tagline says "wake up by mountain side", you will be greeted by wonderful greenery surrounded by jungle and mountains.
From the main entrance, you can see the trekking spot (highlighted in one of the pictures). The trekking experience was amazing. it is of moderate difficulty. View from there is amazing.
There are 5 cottages available. Each cottage had 4 beds.
Resort has a swimming pool created using the water stream flowing through the resort property. So no need to worry about chlorinated water.
Food was tasty.
If you want relaxing peaceful getaway place from busy city life, this is the perfect for you
My family we needed a very bad break from the daily chores and also to beat the summer heat, planned for a 3 days stay at Kaduhithlu homestay.
Location is awesome surrounded by hills and view is great. We opted a hill top cottage(bit up hill compared to other cottages ) and we view great and calm.
1. Hosts are just great and very supportive.
2. Food was excellent and to my surprise , hosts were the chef there :) .. it was a blended taste of Mangalore and Malandu. Loved the food .. homely food
3. Location is very good
4. cottages was maintained very neat with basic amenity like.. bed and linens, bathroom was clean. No TV at any of the rooms, since Host wants their guests to relax and enjoy the nature rather locking them in the room with TV :) ..
5. Service was good, since hosts were them-self serving and cooking. SO they do not have any dependency on any and they know their guest better .
6. They have a natural swimming pool which just adds to beauty and relaxation. They do provide life jackets so that one who does not know swimming can get into pool and enjoy. Would suggest to use life Jackets irrespective of knowing swimming , so that u can sleep in pool and relax.
7. A big open area with neatly maintained grass land , to play cricket/football/shuttle or nay other team building activities.
8. Ping Pong/carom/Jumpers to kids which would keep engaged for all group of people
9. DO not miss early morning trekking to near by mountain.. Trek is moderate, my kid 4.5 Years old was able to complete trek with minimal support.. top of the hill , view is breath taking and do spend some time up there to relax and breath fresh air.
10. A big paddy hut is made near to open area for sipping a coffee at evenings and partying at night.. it can easily accomodate a 10 to 15 members group.
Only one tthing that I felt was, Rooms can be bit more big since a family with 1 or 2 kids, it would be very congested. But that did not matter much to me since we were most of the time outside room and enjoying nature.
Recommend this homestay be it with family or friends.
We were a group of 4 friends, and were the only guys to stay for a weekend at the homestay. The place is bit isolated, which helps to just unwind and relax.
The cottages are pretty spaced out, offering good privacy. The rooms, beds, and the rest rooms are very clean, and comfortable. The food served was hot, and delicious.
The small pool build around the stream was very nice to get into. Dint try the big water pool/pond, nor the trampoline. They have a volleyball court and lot of open space too.
All in all, a place I would love to visit again, and spend time @.
It all started by a chance, there were 3 of us planning for a quick weekend getaway, was searching all resorts and homestays in Sakleshpur. This property came via booking.com, called them and the response was very welcoming. Booked it immediately. This is a new property in that location (2 months old). We start by 6:45, cruised along and was at the property by 11:30am. Download the maps and have the route handy. Kalyan who owns this place, was constantly calling us to check if we are on the right track. Kudos to him. When we went we were greeted with a welcome drink, post which we went to the natural pool which was nicely located. After playing around we went for lunch. The food was awesome, hygienically prepared and served well. While we thought we will go the room and relax for a while, we got tempted by the carrom board, played for a good one hour and by the time we came back after refreshing, tea and snacks were ready. Very nicely done.
We opted to take the Jeep drive to top of the Hillock, Kalyan pulled out his 1976 Willys, he certainly knows his machine, the vehicle climbed with ease, there was this one stretch which was a 60 degree gradient, time for kalyan to show his 4 * 4 prowess and ta-da we were on the top of hillock. Beautiful view from there, it was pouring in chikmagalur and we could sense it. Calm place.
Once back from the jeep ride, we refreshed and came to the shack, oh yeah there is a shack placed with bamboo floor, nice set up. Spent rest of night there, Kalyan turned to be an ex-IT exployee, he was super cool to join us and we spoke a lot. Later we had interacted with his pet yoyo (pug) and called it a night.
Morning, while my friends were sleeping went on a walk to experience the weather, it was a nice one. Had a morning coffee and took a plunge in the pool. Enjoyed the nice cold water. Then came along the breakfast, we had idly, neer dosa, chutney, sambar. Amazing food preparation. We ended the stay and drove back to bangalore, reached by 4pm. It was a short trip but a memorable one. The best part was being aloof from smartphones and network, we could actually enjoy the nature. Given a chance will definitely visit this place again. Thumbs up for Kalyan for being a fantastic host. Value for money this place is.