First Break after Covid : A splendid stay!
Absolutely delightful stay - awesome cottages with cozy room and private balconies facing the valley, great service, very good homely food. The staff caters to every need. The property is located amidst coffee estate with attractive water bodies. During the current situation - they are not running full capacity of guests in terms of reservations, which we felt very safe during our stay
Top activities i would mention you can spend good time around natural pond, natural stream and definitely one cannot miss the trek if you stay at Kaduhithlu. Kids enjoyed their trampoline and a small pond
My family we needed a very bad break from the daily chores and also to beat the summer heat, planned for a 3 days stay at Kaduhithlu homestay.
Location is awesome surrounded by hills and view is great. We opted a hill top cottage(bit up hill compared to other cottages ) and we view great and calm.
1. Hosts are just great and very supportive.
2. Food was excellent and to my surprise , hosts were the chef there :) .. it was a blended taste of Mangalore and Malandu. Loved the food .. homely food
3. Location is very good
4. cottages was maintained very neat with basic amenity like.. bed and linens, bathroom was clean. No TV at any of the rooms, since Host wants their guests to relax and enjoy the nature rather locking them in the room with TV :) ..
5. Service was good, since hosts were them-self serving and cooking. SO they do not have any dependency on any and they know their guest better .
6. They have a natural swimming pool which just adds to beauty and relaxation. They do provide life jackets so that one who does not know swimming can get into pool and enjoy. Would suggest to use life Jackets irrespective of knowing swimming , so that u can sleep in pool and relax.
7. A big open area with neatly maintained grass land , to play cricket/football/shuttle or nay other team building activities.
8. Ping Pong/carom/Jumpers to kids which would keep engaged for all group of people
9. DO not miss early morning trekking to near by mountain.. Trek is moderate, my kid 4.5 Years old was able to complete trek with minimal support.. top of the hill , view is breath taking and do spend some time up there to relax and breath fresh air.
10. A big paddy hut is made near to open area for sipping a coffee at evenings and partying at night.. it can easily accomodate a 10 to 15 members group.
Only one tthing that I felt was, Rooms can be bit more big since a family with 1 or 2 kids, it would be very congested. But that did not matter much to me since we were most of the time outside room and enjoying nature.
Recommend this homestay be it with family or friends.
This place is a hidden gem. It checks out everything you like in a holiday home, beautifully located next to small hill, good open space, very graceful hosts, nice and clean property, good food. We went as family of two couples and children, and we enjoyed our stay. A day before we left from Bangalore, Swetha was kind enough to check the route with us, and suggest us to cache the offline map, else it's difficult to reach here due to lack of enough boards.
They arrange a small trek to the hill, which is very doable, as they drop us half the way via a jeep. This was a good activity. The food was very homely and kids too enjoyed it. There were many birds and pets too to play with too.
Both the hosts were very graceful, sometimes we were late for meals, but they accommodated us with smile, which I really appreciate in hospitality business.
Overall I had a very nice time in lap of nature, and had well taken care of. But,
It can become perfect from 'near perfect', so minor suggestions just to encourage more visits:
- The rooms at the end, are a bit far, upstairs, and can be difficult for family with small kids and elders to reach there. I have seen some electric assist vehicles on other properties, and I would love to see something like this here too.
- Being a non vegetarian, I really loved the food and variety for the main cources, but they need to add an item or two in breakfast. It was too light and honestly not up to the mark.
- I understand the concept of no food in the room, to avoid animals in the room, but tea/coffee is something which we expect to get at homestays, and I really love my bed tea. So if they can arrange tea/coffee at room, it would be great.
- More sign boards from the main road might help.
Overall, highly recommend property and a must visit in this area. I know I would definitely come back.
In short to describe my stay at the Kaduhithlu I would say it was like doorway to heaven, you can see the cloud going from your room. The place and everything about it is mind blowing and definitely worth many visits. Me and my team had an excellent time. The host were super friendly and always ready to help. The food was very homely and superb.
A must visit for your family as well as team outing. Best for smaller teams as they have limited cottages.
Dingy rooms, dirty toilets,no room service.
Limited menu with home made food.
Run by a couple with very lean staff.
Green areas poorly maintained. Not expected from a place which calls itself a resort and charges 10k per night.
Location is in the middle of an estate. Feels close to nature with stream running through the place. But avoidable at this price.