Everything was amazing and very covid friendly. The Staff turned into family!! I got engaged at dinner on the docks!! If you want alone time and your own pool Come here!! We'll definitely be back!! Hands down best baecation We've ever had!!!
If you’re looking for relaxation and good food - this is the place! We had a bay view room and sitting in the plunge pool gazing out at the bay each day was perfect (note that the view is of a bay not the sea so don’t be expecting the turquoise waters you get on the other side of the island but it’s still very pretty nonetheless and having your own plunge pool makes the sacrifice worth it).
The main pool is also lovely and never busy which was great. It’s also right next to the bar for plentiful drinks.
The food is good too - no buffets, all a la carte with about 2/3 choices for starters, 4/5 for mains and then just one desert (the deserts were a little disappointing but were big desert people and appreciate most people probably thought they were fine).
The Nonsuch bay resort behind Escape has some nice pools (check out the infinity pool right at the end of the resort - follow signs for reception, lovely view!) but other than that is a ghost town.
We didn’t see the trip to green island advertised anywhere (other than here on TA) but definitely ask at reception as it’s well worth it, just 5/10 min boat ride and the sand/turquoise sea are beautiful there (we got about 2 hours before being returned to escape).
Overall a great hotel - not in walking distance of anything else but perfect for relaxation if that’s what you’re looking for and easy enough base for exploring if you have a car.
Our stay at The Escape at Nonsuch Bay Resort was top notch. It was heaven to wake up to the sun rising over the bay every single day. All of the employees at Nonsuch Bay go out of their way to make you feel right at home from the minute you sit down at breakfast to the minute you've finished your night cap drink at the bar.
- Staff: One of the best things about staying at The Escape was the staff. Tameka, Andre, Sabrina, Rihanna, & Kira chatted with us every morning & evening whenever we walked through the lobby on our way to the restaurant. We also got to see Schena, Carl, Neyisha, TerriAnn, Lawrence, & Ivanna everyday in the restaurant - they always had a smile on their faces and remembered little things about us, which made us feel like regulars. Huge shout out as well to Peter, Maxine, Petrina, Glendale, & Mauricia for all of the delicious drinks - definitely try the specials every day. Purple Rain was one of our favorites.
- Room: We splurged for the bay view pool room - we were not disappointed! It was nice to be able to just sit out on the balcony & jump into the pool whenever we pleased. The cleaning staff also gave us clean towels, sheets, & water bottles every day.
- All Inclusive: All of our meals were outstanding - I'm pretty sure we came back home with some "extra baggage"!
- Beach: Do keep in mind that the beach is on the other side of the resort. To get there, you need to walk up a very steep hill; but you can also ask for a shuttle ride which I would suggest. When we visited the beach, we were the only people there. It's quite small but nice & private. The only downside was the seaweed - it's dense & there's a lot of it so if you don't like seaweed, you can only go in up to your ankles.
- Green Island: I highly recommend taking the trip to Green Island. It's $10 per person for the boat ride over to the island. It's gorgeous! Nice & quiet.
- Excursions: We opted to rent a car for a week & travel the island on our own rather than pay for taxi rides. Keep in mind that In Antigua you drive on the left side of the road & the streets are narrow & there are quite a few potholes. Our favorite trips were Shirley Heights, Long Bay Beach, and Pigeon Point. I'd also recommend checking out Sheer Rocks - they have private pools that overlook the ocean & a great tapas menu! Half Moon Bay is supposed to be one of the best beaches on the island, but unfortunately, when we went, it was covered in seaweed - apparently that's typical for May; but other times of the year, it's beautiful.
-Wi-Fi: I had to work for a week and never had any issues with the Wi-Fi.
Overall, we would highly recommend The Escape at Nonsuch Bay to everyone! We hope to be back very soon ourselves :)
Beautiful setting, outstanding food, fabulous staff... we traveled here as the resort opened and we were blown away be the food, with just one restaurant I was concerned as a foodie I would get bored, how wrong could I be. Beautifully presented food, that tasted as good as it looked and a daily changing menu of exquisite meals left me constantly looking forward to the next dish.
The cocktails are plentiful... an Antiguan kiss is worth a try. Plus the endless supply of home made ginger beer for those who fancy the non alcoholic versions.
The staff were so friendly remembering our names and always very happy this was the icing on the cake.
The rooms are light, roomy and from our bedroom you could gaze beyond our plunge pool, looking out across the bay.
There is the option to go out on a boat to Green Island to relax upon the beach, or of course hire a local taxi to visit the nearby beaches.
As the title says, our expectations were surpassed. Check-in was seamless and the room was clean and had all of the amenities we required. The best part about it was the plunge pool and sunbed where we spent most of our time.
The food and drinks at the restaurant hit the mark every time! One of our favourite memories from our vacation was dinner on the docks. The set-up, food, service, view and ambiance was fantastic. The trip to green island was also something we won't forget soon. Additionally, the views in our room and around the property were breathtaking.
Apart from all these good features, what made the resort really special was the amazing staff who provided excellent service throughout our stay. Patrina, Maxine, Glen, Terriann, Carl, schena, and Andre were the MVPs.
We got excellent value for money and I would recommend that evey couple put this amazing resort on their list. We would absolutely love to return.