Update Your Listing
Now that you've claimed your restaurant on Tripadvisor, update your Tripadvisor listing with these tips and tricks.
Update Your Listing
How to Create a Contactless Menu with TripadvisorStep-by-step instructions on how to create a Contactless Menu for your restaurantCleanliness and safety are top priorities for diners as they look to eat out at restaurants again. In fact, more than a third of consumers (35%) say they will put an emphasis on dining at restaurants that keep customers safe.1 These additional safety precautions can include providing hand sanitizer to customers, disinfecting tables and chairs between guests, frequently sanitizing high contact areas and more. Learn how to add your safety measures to your Tripadvisor listing here.
Menus are one of the most handled items in a restaurant. To help keep your staff and customers safe, Tripadvisor has launched a new way to create Contactless Menus directly from your Management Center. This new feature is free to any restaurant that has added a menu link to its Tripadvisor listing. After logging into the Management Center, follow these simple steps to create your Contactless Menus:
- Create your QR code: Hover over "Manage Listing" in the top navigation bar and click "Menu" to upload a link to your online menu. If you’ve previously added your menu, make sure your link is up to date. Once you’ve added your menu link, your QR code will be generated.
- Print your QR code: Choose to either print the code yourself or save the image to get stickers or other assets made at your local print shop. Don’t worry, the code is specific to your business and won’t change — even if you update your menu.
- Display your QR code: Place your QR code throughout your restaurant so guests can easily scan it with their mobile phone cameras. Make sure to post your code in highly visible areas such as tables, counters, host stands, and windows to allow diners to view your menu at any time.
1. Tripadvisor Consumer Sentiment Survey Wave 3, Qualtrics; 2,190 respondents, U.S., U.K., Australia, Italy, Japan, Singapore; 4/22-4/27Last Updated: 6 October 2020
How to Mark Your Restaurant as Temporarily Closed on TripadvisorIf you’re closing your restaurant for the season or a few days due to a staff training, private parties, or unforeseen circumstances, here is how to add a notification to your Tripadvisor listing.
We understand that restaurants may need to temporarily close from time to time due to seasonality, renovations or other extenuating circumstances.
How to Mark Your Restaurant as Temporarily Closed
Once you’ve logged into your Management Centre, follow these three simple steps to mark your property as temporarily closed:
- Select “Manage Listing” in the navigation bar at the top of the page and choose “Hours.”
- Switch the toggle for the “Mark your property as temporarily closed” card at the top of the page.
- Enter the dates for which your restaurant will be temporarily closed if you know them.
And that’s it! A notification that your business is temporarily closed with your anticipated re-open date will be added to your Tripadvisor listing within 4-6 hours.
A few additional things to note:
- You can update or remove your notice at any time.
- If you are ready to reopen, just return to this page and switch the toggle.
- Unless edited, the notification will be removed from your listing on the end date you selected.
For a comprehensive guide on how to update your listing, click here.Last Updated: 16 March 2020
Why Every Restaurant Should Manage Their Menu OnlineWhen a hungry customer is searching for a restaurant online, they’re looking for what they crave: “pizza,” “salad,” “Thai food” or whatever it is will satisfy their hunger.With their wallet in hand, they’re ready to...
How East Village Pizza Used SinglePlatform by Tripadvisor to Go ViralWhen Frank Kabatas took over East Village Pizza in 2003, he had plenty of experience making great pizza, but he says he was just a beginner when it came to marketing his business.Just over 60 percent...
Getting Started with Tripadvisor Restaurants New to Tripadvisor? This getting started guide will walk you through everything you need to know to get up and running in no time at all....
How to Update Your Amenities on TripadvisorMaking sure that your amenities are updated and accurate on Tripadvisor is an easy way to let customers know what your restaurant can accomodate. It only takes a few minutes! Here’s how to update your amenities on Tripadvisor.
Updating Your Amenities is Easy and Free
It only takes a few minutes to update your amenities:
- Claim your listing! It’s free and easy. Head to tripadvisor.com/Owners and look up your restaurant, click claim your listing, and follow the verification steps.
- Go to the Management Centre. Here, you can edit information about your restaurant and respond to guest reviews.
- To see your current listed amenities or to update your listing, click the "Manage Listing" dropdown and select "Cuisines and Amenities.”
- Edit Amenities. Scroll down to "What features and amenities does this restaurant have?” to see what's on your listing. To edit your amenities, click "Edit Amenities.”
- Select your amenities by checking the boxes next to what you offer. If something is previously selected but you do not want it listed, simply click the checkbox again to deselect.
Guests look for everything from parking to high chairs. Updating your information on Tripadvisor helps customers make informed decisions about where to eat. Once you update your amenities, guests will be able to view them under the “Details” section on your restaurant’s listing.
For more information on updating your listing, click here.Last Updated: 3 August 2019
How to Update Your Location on Tripadvisor Once hungry diners discover your restaurant on Tripadvisor, it’s important they can easily find your business’s actual location. Here’s how to check your address and map pin displayed on Tripadvisor and make sure it’s up-to-date.
See Where You're Listed
Diners can see your location at the top of your Tripadvisor page underneath the name of your restaurant and in the “Location and contact” section underneath your photos.
To update your location:
- First, head to tripadvisor.com/owners. To make any changes to your listing, you’ll need to claim your restaurant if you haven’t already. It’s free and easy to do so here.
- Once you’ve claimed, click on the name of your restaurant. This will take you to your Management Centre.
- Under the “Manage Listing” tab, choose “Location.”
- From there, you’ll be able to see your street address, city, region, and postcode.
- If you’re harder to find, you can include extra information like the specific intersection, plaza, or square, in the optional “Additional address information” section.
- When you’re finished with your edits, click the orange “Submit” button.
Diners can also find you through maps to see what's near them. To update your map pin:
- Under the “Manage Listing” tab, choose “Location.” You’ll see your map below the street address information. Click “Verify Map Pin.”
- Click “confirm” to verify the location of your business, or drag and drop the pin to make changes. To help customers find you easily, place the pin over your main entrance or car park.
- Click “Confirm.”
Any updates you make should be live within 24 hours....
How to Update Your Hours on Tripadvisor
Restaurants that list their hours on Tripadvisor see 36% more engagement than those without them. Here’s how to edit and update your hours on Tripadvisor so more diners can find you.
Updating Your Hours Is Easy and Free
To update your restaurant hours on Tripadvisor:
- Head to tripadvisor.com/owners. If you haven’t claimed your listing yet, you can do so here — it’s free and easy. Once you’ve claimed, click on the name of your restaurant to log in to the Management Centre.
- Under the “Manage Listing” tab, choose “Hours.”
- Add or edit open hours by clicking directly on the appropriate time slot. Edit your closing time first before adjusting your opening time. If you’re open 24 hours, check the “Open 24 Hours” box on the right-hand side.
- When you’re done editing, click the orange “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. Changes are usually live on the site within 24 hours, but some changes may take a little longer.
You can display additional hours of operation — say, if you have two different seatings for lunch or dinner — by clicking “Add more hours.” A second time slot will appear for you to edit your hours by following step three. If you see an “invalid time” error message, double check that you've edited your closing time first. Once you've chosen your second closing time, then you can edit your second opening time.
Alternatively, if you’re closed on certain days of the week, click the trash can icon to the right of a given time slot, which will mark you as closed during that time.
Diners can see your hours:
- While searching for open restaurants near them
- In the Overview section of your listing
- In the Restaurant Details section of your listing
Looking to update the rest of your listing details? Here’s our complete guide.Last Updated: 6 February 2019
Keep Your Menu Up to Date Everywhere with SinglePlatform by TripadvisorWith SinglePlatform by Tripadvisor, updating your menu and business information everywhere customers discover restaurants online is easy.Get Your Menu Online Everywhere That Matters93% of diners...
The Ultimate Guide to Restaurant Photos on Tripadvisor Great photos are the key to standing out in today’s crowded restaurant market. Here’s our ultimate guide to showing off your restaurant and your cuisine with photography — no professional needed.
Why Restaurant Photos Matter on Tripadvisor
On Tripadvisor, restaurants with more than ten photos often have significantly greater engagement — almost double, in fact — from hungry browsing diners. And restaurants with at least one Management Photo see 44% more engagement than those without. Adding photos to your listing is one of the easiest ways you can encourage more people to come to your restaurant.
Where Diners See Your Photos
Your photos will appear in the photo carousel at the top of your listing, and your Primary Photo will appear next to your listing in search results. Tripadvisor Premium subscribers can also create a dynamic visual slideshow and create a set of up to ten Featured Photos— learn more about Premium here....
How to Upload Your Menu to Tripadvisor Diners love to see your menu before choosing your restaurant. Adding or updating your menu on Tripadvisor is easy — here’s how.
Uploading Your Menu Is Easy
You have two options to display your menu on Tripadvisor.
Option 1: Add a link to the menu displayed on your business website
The menu link appears at the very top of your listing next to your other details like location, phone number.
To add the link:
- Log in to the Management Centre. If you haven’t already, claim your listing here.
- Choose “Menu” from the “Manage Listing” tab.
- Type in or copy and paste your menu link in the box underneath where it says “Menu URL.”
- Click the orange “Submit” button.
Diners will see your menu link immediately on your listing. If you’re a restaurant that changes menus frequently or with the seasons, then make sure to use the same URL each time on your website or update this link in the Management Centre following the instructions above.
Option 2: Use One of Our Partners
If you’re using SinglePlatform, Yext, or Locu, you’ll be able to push your menu automatically to your Tripadvisor listing. Note that you won’t be able to both add a link to your website and use one of our partners — choose which option works best for you.
Your menu will show as a link at the top of your listing and as a full menu at the bottom. After signing up with a partner, allow 10-14 days for the link to appear on Tripadvisor. To edit your menu, you’ll need to contact SinglePlatform, Yext, or Locu directly.
Looking to update the rest of your listing details? Here’s our complete guide....
How to Increase Diner Engagement by 36% in 2 Minutes or Less Need to make a change to your restaurant’s hours, amenities, or cuisines? Here’s how to update your restaurant details on Tripadvisor. These small changes take two minutes or less and can increase diner engagement on your Tripadvisor page by 36% or more.
The restaurant industry is constantly changing — that’s nothing new. As you experiment with new cuisines, add new amenities to your experience, or change your hours, you’ll want to make sure your online presence reflects those changes.
To make updates, you have to claim your listing — you can do so here — and it’s quick and free to claim. Then, it’s easy to update your Tripadvisor listing so that it accurately represents your restaurant. Plus, making these changes takes just minutes and doing so can dramatically increase your diner engagement.
Click on the links below for a shortcut:
- How to update your contact information
- How to update your hours
- How to update your cuisine types
- How to update your meals served
- How to add or update your menu
- How to update your amenities
- How to manage your restaurant location
Please note that any changes may take up to five working days to appear on Tripadvisor’s site.
Update Your Contact Information
Updating your general information is critical to making Tripadvisor work for your business. If someone is browsing through Tripadvisor looking to come to your restaurant, you’ll want to make sure they can see your website, call your restaurant, or otherwise contact you to make a booking.
Potential diners can see your contact information at the very top of your listing.
To update your contact information on Tripadvisor:
- Log into your Management Centre.
- Choose “Name and Description” from the “Manage Listing” tab.
- From there, you can update your contact details, including phone number, website, and email address.
- You can also write a short description of your restaurant in the “Business Description” section. This is a great opportunity to give more information about your restaurant — if you have a mission statement, for example, you should include it. Otherwise, you’ll want to describe your restaurant’s cuisine, atmosphere, location, and anything unique worth highlighting, like live music on Thursdays or that you were featured on the Food Network.
- When you’re finished editing, click the orange “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
Update Your Hours
There’s nothing more frustrating for a potential diner than making the trek all the way to your restaurant only to find it closed. Diners are often searching for restaurants near them at that moment, so they’re looking for restaurants that are open. If your hours aren’t listed, Tripadvisor won’t surface your restaurant to those diners — meaning you’re missing out on a huge opportunity.
Plus, when you list your hours, you’re more likely to see potential diners interacting with your page. Tripadvisor listings with open hours see 36% more engagement than those without them.
Potential diners can see your hours:
- When they search for open restaurants near them.
- When they arrive on your listing, if your restaurant is currently open, it will say, “Open Now” in the Overview section.
- At the bottom of your listing under “Restaurant Details.”
To update your restaurant hours on Tripadvisor:
- Log in to the Management Centre.
- Choose “Hours” from the “Manage Listing” tab.
- Scroll down to add or edit your open hours by clicking directly into the time slot. If you’re open 24 hours that day, check the box to the right that says, “Open 24 Hours.”
- If you have two different opening hours in one day, say, for two different meal times, click the blue text underneath the time slot that says, “Add more hours.” Another time slot will appear and you can edit those hours.
- If you’re not open on a particular day, click the trash can icon to the right of the time slot. This will mark you as closed on that day.
- When you’re done editing, click the orange “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
Update Your Cuisine Types
Your restaurant experience starts with your food. The types of meals you serve and what cuisines you offer are the foundation of your restaurant concept. On Tripadvisor, that translates to a variety of categories associated with your restaurant so that someone searching for a restaurant like yours can find you.
Potential diners can see those categories:
- When they search for restaurants like yours in the search results
- On your listing at the top of the page
- Under “Cuisines” in the Overview section of your listing
- And at the bottom of your listing under “Restaurant Details”
To make sure potential diners can find your restaurant, think about your concept and define exactly what kind of food you’re serving. If it’s a mix of cuisines, that’s ok — just remember, on Tripadvisor, you can only choose five categories, so you’ll want to choose the five that best exemplify what your restaurant is all about. The only thing you won’t find are dietary restrictions like vegan and gluten free, as those are added automatically based on reviews and customer feedback.
To update your cuisines on Tripadvisor:
- Log in to the Management Centre.
- Choose “Cuisines and Amenities” from the “Manage Listing” tab.
- Click “Edit cuisines” under Cuisine Categories. You can choose up to five.
- From there, you’ll be able to scroll through all the potential categories you would associate with your restaurant. Check the boxes to choose your categories.
- Click the orange “OK” button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the orange “Submit” button.
Update the Meals You Serve...
Frequently Asked Questions About Tripadvisor for Restaurants We've put together a comprehensive list of all of our frequently asked questions about Tripadvisor for Restaurants.
Why should I claim my Tripadvisor listing?
Claiming your Tripadvisor listing and registering as a representative of your restaurant is free and allows you access to all aspects of your Tripadvisor page including: editing business details, adding photos, responding to reviews, and more. Claim your listing by visiting the Tripadvisor Management Centre. To protect your business, we may ask for a credit card to verify your identity, but this is only for verification purposes and claiming your business is always free. For full instructions on registering, read our guide.
How do I manage my Tripadvisor listing and make it more attractive to visitors?
Once you’ve registered, you can manage all aspects of your Tripadvisor listing in the Management Centre. The Management Centre is available on both desktop and our mobile app. Simply download the latest Tripadvisor app for iOS or Android and use your phone to respond to reviews, answer questions from potential diners and manage many of your Tripadvisor Premium features. Learn more about the mobile Management Centre here.
How do I update my restaurant's listing details?
All of your business’s listing details can be updated in the Management Centre. To access this page, head to the Profile menu at the top of the page and click Manage Listing. Here, you can update information on your business including: general information like your name, contact details, your location, hours of operation, cuisine, pricing information, and more....
How to Optimise Your Tripadvisor Restaurant Listing
Tripadvisor isn't just the world's largest travel site. We're also one of the world's largest restaurant sites. Connect with millions of potential diners and gain an edge over your competition by optimising your Tripadvisor listing.
1. Confirm and edit business details
Confirm that all of the details on your listing are correct. In order to make changes, you’ll need to register as an owner if you haven’t already done so. Registering is fast and free.
Once you’ve registered, double-check your restaurant’s name, address, and phone number, as well as the links to your website and email. Any edits can be made in the Management Centre by clicking on the Name and Description section under the "Manage Listing" tab. This will allow you to update or add information, and as an official representative of the business, your edits will override any existing content.
From there, make sure your hours are accurate in the Hours section under the "Manage Listing" tab. You'll be able to set hours for each day that you're open and indicate when you are closed.
You should also provide the types of cuisine offered, meals served, meal price range, and other features or amenities you offer in the Cuisines and Amenities section under the "Manage Listing" tab. Providing accurate and detailed information helps diners make a booking decision and gives them a better understanding of your restaurant and what you offer. For a full guide on updating all of your restaurant details, click here.
2. Upload photos
Diners shop with their eyes. In fact, a recent study shows that restaurants with 11-20 photos see double the amount of diner interaction over others with no photos at all. The more photos on your listing, the better.
Luckily, as an owner, you can upload an unlimited number of restaurant photos. Share mouth-watering photos of your food or pictures that give potential diners an idea of the atmosphere – whether it's romantic, family-friendly, or a local watering hole.
Then, select an engaging Primary Photo to help you make a strong first impression with potential guests. Update this image frequently so your listing stays fresh and continues to engage viewers over time. You can manage your restaurant’s photos through the Management Centre. For more information, read our guide to managing photos on Tripadvisor.
3. Get your listing on the map
Maps help visitors place your restaurant within the area they are visiting and better plan their trip. If your listing is not located on the map, or your business is displayed in the wrong location, you can update it through the Management Centre by following these steps:
- Log into the Management Centre.
- Select "Location" from the "Manage Listing" tab.
- Update your street address and postcode and click "Submit." Please note, if your city/town or state/province is incorrect you will need to follow these instructions.
- Then, click "Verify Map Pin" and drop the pin in the correct location - we suggest your main entrance or car park.
- Click "Confirm." Your location will be updated on the site within 24 hours.
4. Add your menu
Adding a menu link to your restaurant listing is an easy way to display your restaurant’s dishes to potential guests. You can do this in two ways. The first is by uploading a link to the menu on your website. You can do this by going to "Menu" under the "Manage Listing" tab and typing or copying and pasting the URL of your menu.
The second is through our Tripadvisor partnerships with SinglePlatform, Yext, or Locu. If your business has a contract with one of these groups, your menu link will automatically appear on your Tripadvisor listing. After signing up with one of our partners, allow 10-14 days for the link to show up. To edit your menu using this method, please contact SinglePlatform, Yext, or Locu directly....