When was the last renovation? Are all rooms are renovated or partly ?
No idea sorry but our room was good - I don't remembered thinking it needed doing up!
They were renovating some of the rooms when we stayed there. The rooms we had were nice and very clean.
it was renovated quite recent and the rooms are quite pleasant
Speaking from having been there 3 weeks ago for the last 10 days of July 2017, just the facts for you to interpret (see my detailed review for a better picture of this so-called 4-star hotel):
- almost all joints in the bathroom are mouldy: from the floor drain to the walls, all are grubby and black.
- when we moved the beds to make room for my children, there was dust from ages under the old positions of the beds.
- same for all horizontal surfaces present in the room: the window sill, the bed headboard, the TV set, and whatever else you can think of
- the light fixtures next to the beds are in glass (who does that anymore these days? Haven't they heard of ergonomics?? Fact, I bumped into one a broke it - I could have lost my eye, but who cares)
- the air conditioning unit cannot be adjusted: it's either on and very strong, or off, and humidity levels shoot up within an hour.
- there are marks of hands and fingers on the other walls of the bathroom that are revealed by water vapour after you take a hot bath.
- the room was not insulated against noise: I could never sleep with all the noise from either the street or the human movements to and from the nearby lifts.
The above serves as an indication of the level of 'maintenance' that prevails at this hotel.
Now, this depends on your level of satisfaction - are you content with four walls that can lock up your bags, or are you after some comfort that your hard-earned money entitles you too. More: Do you want to be treated as a human being or as cattle?
TL;DR: flee and get something decent unless you can accept being treated as garbage.
To answer your question:
- if renovated, it was very long ago and done in complete disregard of safety standards and ergonomic guidelines.
- If renovated, the maintenance and cleaning standards are so low as to allow paying customers like you see the dust.
Renovation is still ongoing.
When i last visited in march 2017 there some renovation in some room and for the room that i stay it's look good enough.
Get an answer from Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur staff and past guests.