I would like to go to riga for 4 days, best place to visit
Everything is beautiful. I particularly loved the tram ride to the central market. Whatever you do you’ll enjoy it. Follow your nose and go with the flow.
It depends what you would like prefer.
If I would a Riga guest I would use a similar list to this:
- the Old Town (the old part of Riga);
- streets with art noveau buildings like Elīzabetes street and Alberta street;
- to get some impressions of the soviet life visit sleeping blocks of Riga: Purvciems, Zolitūde;
- the Central Market;
- you can visit Sigulda (a small town about 50 km from Riga);
- The Ethnographic Open-Air Museum of Latvia (this museum I would recommend to everyone);
- to make a walk through the historic part of Riga on the left bank of Daugava (the rives in the middle of Riga).
And, of course, Riga is big enough to find attractive night life, with a lot of bars and restaurant.
There are so many places to visit in the Old Town. If you are in a hotel on this area then most things are within walking distance. If you go to Vermanes garden you can not only enjoy a pleasant walk but also pick up a canal trip which is very relaxing. We were able to walk to the majority of attractions. I just googled what to see in Riga as well as some free guides on amazon books that I downloaded.
Tourist information on Blackheads Plaza (square) where you can organise a guided walking tour of the old city, buy a 24 hour pass which will allow you access to public transport, trolley bus, bus and tram and you can then take the hop on hop off bus which will take you to all the interesting places. We bought 3 x 24 hour passes which allowed us to take public transport where and when we wanted to go somewhere. Jurmala by train (not included in the 24 hour pass) is worth a visit to see the Baltic coast.
Get quick answers from Vermanes Garden staff and past visitors.