One more Cleveland Clinic, Ohio question for anyone who has been there. Did you take a taxi from the airport or rent a car? If you rented a car, where did you get it? My husband and I would like to rent a car just for a day or two before he checks into the hospital. Thanks!
So I've booked a room and will be here for almost 2 weeks. My husband will be having surgery at the Clinic and i will (of course) be going back and forth. Here are a few questions and I'd appreciate any tips, suggestions, etc. from anyone who has "been there done that" in my situation.
1. Where would I find a local grocery store? I will have a rental car for a day or two upon arrival and want to stock up on fruit, etc.
2. I drink lots of coffee. Do the rooms have a coffee maker? If so, what kind (pods, filters, etc)
3. Is it ok for a single female to walk late in the evening or very early morning back and forth to the Clinic?
4. On or near the Clinic Campus, where was your favorite restaurant to grab breakfast, lunch, dinner?
5. How was the hotel gym?
6. Did you feel like item's you left in the room were safe?
Thank you to all who take a minute to answer. This trip is certainly nerve racking without having extra worries. :)
From the hotel, can you walk across the street and into the next building (Taussig Cancer Institute, RR) and then to the skyway to the main hospital? Is is safe to come back that way late at night? Or would the clinic shuttle be safer? I am concerned about the reviews that say the area is unsafe. :(
We will be there a couple of weeks for heart surgery, so I will be on my own and do not want to rent a car.
Do all of your rooms include a refridgerator, microwave and sink? Will have an infant and will need to wash baby bottles.