Bodies of Water • Nature & Wildlife Areas
Top Attractions in Strbske Pleso
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A must visit. If you decide to go, do it in the morning. Amazing lake ans surroundings.make sure to take a coat. The parking costs moneyWritten 2 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were looking for a mountain peak to climb with two smallish children, 4 and 7. With a significant help from the Solisko chairlift, we've made it!
Our children have loved their first ascent, and are already waiting for more. The path up for them was like an interesting game, and they also enjoyed the view. And the descent, well, was even easier.
However, I have to warn that this might be not for everyone. The path is steep, and some places more difficult than the others. The children must be ready for this adventure both physically and mentally (it also means having some discipline!).Written 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice place. You can walk around and there are some small bridges. A real lovely place to visit.Written 20 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nothing much to see really...you pass by this when you walk around the lake so take a look but not worth a stop, in our opinion.Written 22 September 2018
- As you walk around the lake on the trail you come upon this monument of man holding a rifle. There is a plaque on the statue with names and dates, and another plaque on the slab in front of it, where flower wreaths were laid. Since none of the inscriptions were in English we were not sure what it represented. So back in our hotel room I googled it and learned that it is a monument to the men who lead the resistance movement against the Nazis in a failed uprising during World War II.
I was a bit surprised that there was no English explanation about this monument because when you walk around the lake trail there are several signposts about the history of the area and the flora and fauna and they are in both languages.
It was interesting to see, but reading about the whole episode and the brave men who led this doomed resistance made it much more meaningful. I recommended familiarizing yourself with the story before you walk to the monument.Written 22 September 2018
- I highly recommend this spa. It's so rare to find such a lovely and well-maintained place that offers decent walk-in pricing for day visitors. I wasn't staying at the hotel, but I visited the spa for a day and absolutely loved it. The view from the pool is stunning, and the wellness area (with so many sauna options!) was so serene and peaceful. I'd come back here in a heartbeat!Written 26 September 2018
- We had some amazing fun here, the staff were lovely and helpful and the route was truly great. Definitely recommend!Written 16 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Strbske Pleso
- The best outdoor activities in Strbske Pleso according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Strbske Pleso on Tripadvisor