Top Attractions in Tulbagh
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic experience. John truly has a passion for horses. One of our fellow riders has never been on a horse's back and was totally comfortable with the ride. Spectacular views, close to nature and pure bliss.Written 21 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful venue with attentive, friendly staff. A very good wine offering which resulted in a pleasant tasting and afternoon. Worth a visit.Written 2 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- lovely to walk and read the history of the houses and chat to the locals in the street - gem of a restaurant was readers worth a visitWritten 11 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an amazing view, so peaceful, amazing wines and wonderful service from Davidene. Really enjoyed it.Written 8 October 2022
- We struggled to find the road to the waterfall as they are faded so much. We decided to go to the top first and then work our way down. We got to cool our feet off in one of the lower pools. It’s not a long or difficult hike so I would highly recommend going. Ask for clear instructions on where to go at the info centre on Church Street when you purchase your permit.Written 11 November 2021
- A beautiful old church part of a 4 museum tour on Church Street. Definitely worth seeing if you are in the area. Tickets can be purchased at the earthquake museum across the roadWritten 11 November 2021
- We visited here for some wine tasting and cheese platter after slight dissapointment of Saronsberg.
They probably lost a little on wines, but won on attitude. Cheese platter was really good - there was so much to eat, that on physically inactive day we did not need any main dinner after it.
Nice garden, too.Written 9 February 2022
- My husband and I did a last minute booking for New Years and were so impressed with this comfortable and homely cottage. Just what we needed to get away from the city life. Beautiful scenery and our hosts, Emmeric and Gregen, were so welcoming and accommodating. We even ended up extending our stay by a night.Written 3 January 2021
- Definitely worthwhile doing the 10km hike. Beautiful views on a well marked trail. It’s pretty steep in places so reasonable fitness and good hiking boots are a necessity.Written 2 March 2022
- Very interesting to watch the videos and read about the earthquake that happened in 1969. Staff were friendly. Part of the 4 museum tour on Church Stteet.Written 11 November 2021
- What a great outing. The staff made the experience amazing. And the horses are wonderful. What more do you want ..than being on a horse out in the country. Always know you are riding at own risk. And they are animals. Respect themWritten 22 January 2019
- Tasting the various red & white wines sat at the bar was such a pleasure being served with a person of knowledge of the wines, no charge for the tastings was a nice surprise, the Tulbagh wines are of good value between R55 - R65 per bottleWritten 28 December 2018
- Came here for a wine tasting during the day ... what fantastic ride through their vineyards! Ranging from Chenin Blanc to Pinotage, Syrah ... the sorts differently cultured (French, Hungarian barrels etc.). We liked it so much that we returned for dinner!
Enjoyed a bottle of the ( new!) Pinotage Rose - very agreeable with the Steak as well as the Cape Malayan Chicken Curry! Food and Service was very good, the sunset spectacular!Written 12 December 2019
- Went on a retreat at Guinevere Guest Farm in Tulbagh. It was one of the most beautiful, peaceful places I have ever been in my life.
Carly lead a private retreat here at the Guest home. She is an amazing chef and host.
The land has a natural swimming hole, great hiking trails with further natural swim areas and cows and horses further away from the house. The courtyard within the home, large windows and the decks off the rooms bring beauty and make for a charming renaissance style guest home.
It would be great for a family retreat.Written 10 July 2020
- Visited the tasting center to sample their wine range. Was very impressed with Mrs Jordaan who had an extensive knowledge of the wines and the farms history. Great wines as well.Written 23 October 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Tulbagh
- The best day trips from Tulbagh according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Day Tour includes tastings at at least 4 top rated local wine estates
- Private Wine Adventure - Swartland / Tulbagh / Wellington
- Private Tour : Zipline Mountain Adventure in Skurweberg Mountains
Tulbagh Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 7:59 AM|