Safaris • Nature & Wildlife Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We are thrilled with Lapland Safari.
We had a snowmobile safari today and a great guide.
Francoise gave us a very professional briefing, a great tour and was very attuned to the group.
At the end he gave us tips for tomorrow's tour alone with the snowmobile and dropped us off in front of a restaurant on the way back.
Thank you very much, anytime again.
Nicole and StefanWritten 3 March 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The activities were all organized by our travel agency and we were very lucky to have all of them at the Due North Safaris:
Aka 360 on snowmobile (1 person / snowmobile), a half-day visit at a huskies farm (incl. apprix. 90 min of sledge driving) and a reindeer tour under the stars (unfortunately no northern lights this night). The guides are great, the timing are perfect and we really enjoyed every minutes of each activity!
They provide you very warm equipment as well! Definitely recommend this to anyone! Thanks again to all guides and drivers 😊Written 3 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had two unforgettable adventures with Ylläs Experiences in March, both arranged by our very nice guide, Jana. The first was a magical reindeer ride in the snowy forest from a farm run by Mikka and Sanna and their two dogs. They taught us about these beautiful antlered-animals, took us on a traditional sleigh ride and allowed us to interact with and feed the females and young ones. The second experience was an evening snowmobile tour to a wilderness hut with dinner, sauna and ice-bath. Jana and her team mate Mikko went out of their way to prepare the food according to our special needs, and were always very accommodating. The sauna and ice-bath experience was a real highlight. Jana made herself available to take pictures and give advice. There was never any time pressure during the entire outing. During the return ride in the dark, we stopped at a clearing in the forest to marvel at the starry skies just as some northern lights appeared on the horizon. We definitely recommend both tours and our guide Jana.Written 17 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a tour of the farm at perhaps the worst possible conditions - it was -32C and the five-year old had not experienced nearly as severe colds before causing a sort of shock to her. The host, however, saved the day by his uplifting and friendly attitude and behaviour. It was a visit to be treasured in our minds.Written 30 December 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Akaslompolo
- These places are best for nature & wildlife tours in Akaslompolo:See more nature & wildlife tours in Akaslompolo on Tripadvisor