Top Attractions in Maalaea
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We we caught a snorkel trip from here! Got to see a turtle off the shore by our boat we went on the Alii NuiWritten 6 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is at the end of a street of condos, it has a car park, shower and a portable restroom.
All very ordinary, bordering on scruffy - but the beach is amazing and you can walk for miles. Like others, we saw Turtles near the shore.Written 19 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped here while we were killing time before our entrance to the Maui Ocean Center. We had a great conversation with the owner about their operations, especially during the lockdown. The artwork here is amazing and definitely worth taking the time to look at.Written 3 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our 3rd trip on the Alii Nui! We did the morning snorkel to Molokini. The crew is attentive, food is delicious, drinks are plentiful, and they are great with all levels of snorkelers. Highly recommend this tour.Written 26 September 2022
- They were so professional and fun to be around we had a blast. The lunch was great and the snorkeling was great too. We saw Sea Turtles and Octopus.Written 22 September 2022
- I took my 3 children, my nephew and my daughter’s boyfriend on the Marjorie Anne for a 4hr bottom fishing trip. Alex and Michael were the best! They educated us about the fish we were targeting, made the process clear and easy and were patient and helpful at every turn. Plus they put us right on the fish, so we had some success! I would highly recommend Maui Fun Charters.Written 14 July 2022
- We had a really fun time on the snorkel cruise to Honoloa Bay. The crew were all so knowledgeable and happy to help us in any way they could. I highly recommend!Written 13 September 2022
- During our time in Hawaii, two hurricanes passed to the south (Bonnie & Darby). We thought perhaps all snorkeling would be canceled. But it was a south swell, and luckily one of the bays, Honolua Bay, is faces northwest. So we were able to snorkel there three times. On our day, the snorkeling at Molokini Crater was safe, because it was in a crescent-shaped island facing north. But the Turtle Town part had to be canceled. The crew for our tour was Captain Greg, Elijah, Szesze, Whitney and photographer Marley. They were all really great! Marley the photographer was exceptional, very personable and making sure he got good pictures of us. He also told us where to go to see the best fish, He really made the trip a lot of fun, and his pictures were absolutely gorgeous! We saw many fish of many different varieties. They were gorgeous. I even saw an eel. Elijah and Szesze were also particularly helpful. Elijah was able to clear up some confusion about the paperwork (for some reason, the reservation was under my first name) and also quickly got our vegetarian food which I had pre-ordered in April. Szesze took care of our photography payment quickly & efficiently and got the names of the crew for me so I could include it in this review. The whole tour was so enjoyable. I highly recommend it!Written 24 July 2022
- The captain and crew were laid back, knowledgeable and very personable. The crew stressed safety and fun. I had a great trip and prepared macadamia nut encrusted Wahoo (Ono) that was shared from the day's catch. I plan to book with Aloha Blue when back in Maui.Written 2 July 2022
- Great Ship to snorkel from. This is a smaller rig that only holds 30 people. Unlike competitors that hold 50+. The smaller group allows you to enjoy the snorkel experience since you are not fighting tremendous amounts of people. More personalized experience. The crew was very helpful, great lunch, and free cocktails on the way home! Cherry on the top. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice time.
The crew works hard for your pleasure. Be kind and tip their hard work. It’s extremely expensive out here.Written 7 September 2022
- we booked this trip because we wanted a more intimate and personable experience for whale watching (vs. the large boats where you get a seat next to a bunch of other people). We got what we were looking for! The boat was very nice and clean, the crew was awesome and gave great service! We saw a ton of whales and made fast friends with everyone on the boat. Super fun experience for my whole family (young kids and grandparents included).Written 16 February 2022
- I'm not aware of the Harbor Fair, but I'm pretty sure the one in the title is what they are referring to. They always have interesting artsy craftsy booths. The admission price is a buck and we think it is well worth it. We always buy something from a mini purse for a wallet, phone and keys to wood chopsticks.Written 19 February 2016
- The crew was awesome! The snorkeling was a great experience. Yes, it’s VERY EARLY in the morning, but with the air temperature being cooler, the water feels warmer, which is a plus.
Saw many different kinds of fishes, and a turtle and an octopus.
It was relaxing just floating there and watching the ocean life.Written 8 April 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Maalaea