Tours near Terchova
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We started in Štefanová and hiked down to Bialy Potok- had a lift back to our car though in Štefanová- otherwise you would have to either go back or walk on the main road back to the car park which is unpleasant, far and potentially dangerous :-/
Diery were nice, with lots of wooden and metal bridges (ok for small dogs which can be held up, but with larger dogs might not be the best place).
Took us around 1h one way ;)
Lots of people, some unprepared tourists who can be super annoying, so please wear HIKING BOOTS not WHITE adidas as it’ll be muddy and slippery!Written 3 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We are coming here only to see snow - but find a good place to build snowman and had a coffee within an hour.
The place is not so crowded during the workdays, the facilities are good (parking places, many buffets with seating and access to toilet) and have super Italian coffee Filicori.Written 7 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I can recommend trip from Stefanova to Velky Rozsutec and back via Janosikove diery to Terchová. Amazing. You need two cars. Public transport is horrible.Written 9 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If staying in Terchova or being somewhere close, it is a MUST to visit and see this place. The statue represents a national Slovakian hero called Janosik. Terchova was his birthplace, there is his statue and also a small museum commemorating his short life, below the statue there stands a model of a gallow, where he was executed. You can get souvenirs, costumes with this hero everywhere, so this is the place where you find out, what is is about :-) The statue itself is quite shiny, but why not ;-)Written 8 August 2018
- There is a nice tower on top of the hill with good view all around. The ballast road contains several info points about the Natural Park, the woods, the flora and fauna.Written 2 July 2018
- beautiful and fun. it was a hot day but near the water and trees it was cool. must have good shoes because some parts are slipperyWritten 6 July 2019
- This church was built in 1948 and you could find here a rare design of interior. Also there is a "betlehem" from wood. Its smaller than in Rajecke Lesna, but still nice.Written 6 July 2017
- My kids had a great time with skiing instructors from Sports Academy Vrátna.
Little one (3 years old) after 1 hour with instructor was able to ski by herself.
The older one (9) improved a lot. Thank you very much.
We also borrowed one ski set for a reasonable price.Written 6 February 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Terchova
- The most popular things to do in Terchova with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Terchova on Tripadvisor
Terchova Attractions Information