- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
36 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 36
What travellers are saying
- We had a lovely walk around the castle & environs. All the many lookout points were lovely. Ongoing archeological research is interesting, too. Grounds were well kept & we enjoyed our visit. There are portaloos onsite & a little kiosk / cafe for refreshments.Written 7 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Symbol of the city, visible from distance. Definitely number one for visitors to interiors and exteriors of castle. Nice walk to discover historyWritten 28 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well maintained place with big walking 🚶 zone, cycling 🚴🏻♀️ roads, mixed up with historical buildings, churches ⛪️, coffee places ☕️ , restaurants. Even many people the square is large to take the crowds. Parking option available in neighbouring streetsWritten 28 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Unique armoured train 🚂 from second world 🌎 war. Located under the Zvolen castle in the park. You need to park the car 🚗 further and walk there. It could be much attractive when having it in better place with possibility to get on and see what is inside especially for kids. Hope the city understands that as the train is resting there for half a centuryWritten 26 July 2019
- Catholic Church ⛪️ one one side of the square and evangelical on other side. Looking at castle and fountain ⛲️. Entrance from
Square, parking in neighbouring streetsWritten 28 June 2022
- We go back for centuries and stop at Catholic Church, located just on main square, park from one side, square and old houses 🏘 around. Fully functioning and one dominant place in cityWritten 28 June 2022
- Modern monument to remember brave people going against nazi. Par of square as neighbouring fountain, churches ⛪️, close to castle. No so much to enjoy but definitely to rememberWritten 28 June 2022
- Very easy hiking to see few ruined walls of castle. You drive to village Podzámčok then up the hill and at the end follow the sign to the ruins. You park under the hill. The rest is on your own and last part is on metal stairs. You see the villages around and nice 👍 view to mountainous nature. Welcome to 13th century or some left overs from DobronivaWritten 7 July 2018
- Part of square, typically after war’s Second World War monument. Gathering place for celebration end of war and bad times. Many historical buildings, churches ⛪️ or castle in walking distanceWritten 28 June 2022
- If you love castles, Slovakia is for sure a place for you. There are castles everywhere in different stages of upkeeping. We were there on sunday and the castle was closed, so we walk around it. It is not a castle masses go to, but if near, do stop by. No crowd.Written 13 June 2018
- Nice 👍 statue to remember the one who made a ground for Slovak language. Situated in nice park environment with many trees 🌳 and other attraction for m walking distanceWritten 28 June 2022
- Planning looked like easy hike, reality turned to pretty good, maybe bit demanding 😥 trip. You start the hiking from parking place behind village Budca following green mark, optionally you can start in the middle of the village. We had a great 👍 sunny 😎 wether, water 💧 needed especially in heatwaves, good shoes 👟 is condition. Terrain is up and down on dust, rocks 🪨, dry mud, sometimes jumping over fallen trees 🌳. One hour hiking 🥾 to reach gem 💎 is calculated for experienced people, with kids you spend 50-100% extra. The final scenery is satisfying and really recommendedWritten 27 June 2022