Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A really beautiful old wooden church in nice surroundings in the heart of Kristiinankaupunki, well worth a visit.Written 21 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The information center looked good from the outside and the map on the outside was very helpful. Unfortunately it wasn’t open on Saturday.Written 4 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is quite a quirky and interesting place to visit. It is an old grand summer residence. Lots of history to the house and many rooms also have some further themes with lots of paraphernalia, such as distilling, shoe-making, optician, goldsmith and jewellery making. It is quite a mix of stuff but fascinating. Some very good and varied paintings also.
There was a very friendly and knowledgeable person working there who gave us a brief history of the house and previous owners. He was full of information and provided a refreshing change to some of the other museums in the area!
For a reasonable price you can hire a rowing boat to take out on the lake. Bring some lunch with you!Written 10 August 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When we arrived at the museum, it was already 3PM but the museum staff informed us that we can still visit the museum. The ticket price was very cheap, €4 for adult & €1 for children.
Two best part about the museum were the collections and also the guide. Our guide was very enthusiast when he gave us the tour (not sure if he's a tour guide, but surely his explanation let us entertained for the next 1 hour). We asked many things and he explained a complete history of Kristiinankaupunki in the old days as water front city in the medieval time.
It's located in top of library building.Written 7 July 2017
- Historical business man's house showcasing lifestyle of that age. Includes very impressive wall papers, painted ceilings and furniture. House is also full of old items.
Staff was very helpful and gave short introduction to house. We got paper guide that described all the details.
Ticket price is affordable and museum is small. This is absolutely worth of short visit if you like history. In the yard there are couple of barns. One is eroded by salt which have made walls like soft pulp. Next to museum is cafe which has nice small yard to sip tea or coffee.Written 8 August 2020