- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- A really cool church ruins by the highway from Tampere to Lahti. It's really easy to find and free to enter. There is also a Castrén Family Memorial in the church yard.
Some history of the church:
"The Church of St. Michael in Pälkäne was built around 1500. The stone church was built on a site which, according to archaeological excavations, had been a graveyard in the Iron Age. The growing parish needed more space, and plans were made for an expansion of the church in the 18th century. Finally, a decision was made to build a new
church in Pälkäne and it was completed in 1839. The old church was emptied. The church falling into ruins was used as a mortuary, and later as a hayshed, among other things.
National romanticism roused interest towards medieval and national building heritage and restoration activities started. The National Board of Antiquities, formerly called the Archaeological Commission, has been renovating the ruins since 1917. "Written 24 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just looking for something to see in the info screen near gas station and boooom, here we are looking in the ostrich lovely eyes.Written 5 July 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We bought few wines and ate lunch. Food was really good, both burger and the tasting plate we had. Disappointment was that they said that dogs will have some surprise but it was water bowl 😁 I think thas is minimum when dogs are allowed. Waiters were friendly and helpful but we didn't get any help buying wines, even that we were only clients at the time. I also tasted one one their one wines at lunch and it was excellent!Written 14 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped here and it was just starting to snow, I was walking around and admiring the Church's architecture and all the graves.I realized it was for the hero's that had died in past wars. It is a place that touches your heart no matter where you come from in the world. I did not go into the church but just looking and reading the graves makes you realize what price was paid for our freedom.Written 28 May 2016
- The family area was perfect for our family. Three elevators for beginners and they where free. There were helpful personnel running them. The ski rental was working effectively and very well equipped. A good lunch at the restaurant.Written 30 December 2019