- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very nice museum about making glass in history and about modern art. Everything is explained very well. Everything is in english also.Written 2 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The museum operates in a government office block built in 1963. The museum was opened to the public in 1995.
An art and antique dealer Mr. Pentti Wähäjärvi and his wife Tatiana donated their collection, 2000 pieces of art and other objects to the City of Riihimäki in 1993. A part of that is on display here and it is regularly changed because the collection is too large for all items to be shown simultaneously.
Now there were exhibitions: Female Artists and The Return of Birds - The Spring is coming. Both exhibitions display works mainly from Tatiana and Pentti Wähäjärvi Collection.
In the Female Artist exhibition were many paintings from Helene Schjerfbeck. She is a famous Finnish painter, most widely known for her realist works and self-portraits.
Beside these two exhibitions, there is a huge collection of Chinese porcelain.Written 6 March 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This relatively small, specialised museum is right next door to the better-known glass-museum - but certainly worth a visit.
The museum displays the history of hunting in Finland from the dawn of times to modern day. Plenty to see and experience, also children will find the museum interesting.
Pieni mutta erittäin hyvin toteutettu erikoismuseo aivan Suomen lasimuseon naapurissa. Museo esittelee suomalaisen metsästyksen historiaa nykypäiviin asti. Paljon nähtävää ja koettavaa myös lapsille.Written 21 September 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The theater is located in the same building as the Scandic Hotel. So it is convenient to stay overnight while visiting the theater.
On our visit, the play was 'Miehen kylkiluu' (Man's rib) written by a famous Finnish playwright Maria Jotuni. We didn't understand it at all and left after the first part.
The auditorium itself is well planned. I am sure that everybody has a good visibility.Written 13 November 2018
- Totally new experience to watch how glass ornaments and other products are made. Friendly and helpful staff explain during the process.Written 17 July 2019
- I was looking for shopping place in the area... Actually what i found there was nice small factory shop for candles and some home textile... Nothing moreWritten 25 August 2016